PDA

View Full Version : Stupid intrusive thoughts are bothering me :/

Haruka
12-05-14, 06:20
I feel like this is really stupid, but for some reason I have this severe fear of being attracted to my friend's relatives, who knows why, but as a result, I keep having intrusive thoughts about them and it just makes things awful.

I think about it while I am talking to my friends, they bring up a family member and I blush because of the intrusive thoughts, and then I worry that I AM attracted to them, and it's just awful. It's embarrassing to admit this too, I doubt anyone else worries about this.

And I know that my friends wouldn't care if I did in fact like one of their siblings or something, but it still drives me up the wall. How can I get over this?

alice123
13-05-14, 08:39
Its probably more common than you think. I'm sort of afraid of accidentally touching someone in case they think I am being 'friendly', this applies with both males and females. How irrational is that and I haven't a clue where that stupid thought comes from. This makes me keep my distance from people and I always apologise straight away if it accidentally happens - how strange is that.