PDA

View Full Version : Colon cancer

Cretinetta
12-05-14, 11:04
Hi all. Wanted to ask if there is possible to have colon cancer even if I had 3 days fob test negative. I'm having lots of pain in right side, from rib gage to pelvic area and diarrhea. Thanks for all responses

AlexandriaUK
12-05-14, 12:14
Sorry but you need to go back to your Dr if you are still worried and he will send you for further tests if he thinks its required, did he suggest it could be ibs or didn't he say.

Cretinetta
12-05-14, 12:22
Hi Alexandria. Thanks for your response. I already had 3 abdominal ultrasounds. Blood tests. All negative. My doc told me that I'm just over thinking. I also have floating kidney at right side. But my gp told that it shouldn't give me any kind of problems. Unfortunately I'm hypochondriac so every problem I have, I convince my self that I have cancer. It's literally ruing my life :-(

AlexandriaUK
12-05-14, 12:35
Sounds like your Dr has followed the right procedures but like you said the mindset causes us to Thinking the worst,there are many things it could be of course but your Dr obviously doesn't think Its bowel cancer so try to be more positive regarding your trust in your doc I think then you will start to improve, it could be ibs have you read anything about ibs Its not scary.

Fishmanpa
12-05-14, 12:50
Hi Alexandria. Thanks for your response. I already had 3 abdominal ultrasounds. Blood tests. All negative. My doc told me that I'm just over thinking. I also have floating kidney at right side. But my gp told that it shouldn't give me any kind of problems. Unfortunately I'm hypochondriac so every problem I have, I convince my self that I have cancer. It's literally ruing my life :-(

^^There's the answer to your OP^^. Stomach/bowel problems are the scourge of HA and anxiety. Treating the root of the problem (anxiety) will help reduce stress which aggravates your stomach/bowel issues. A doctor can prescribe meds to help as well for both your stomach and anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Cretinetta
12-05-14, 12:56
Thanks guys. You are right. Anxiety is probably my main problem, trying to solve this, probably my pains, fears ecc will solve. I read about ibs. Probably it's base of all my symptoms, along with floating kidney.

swgrl09
12-05-14, 13:59
When my mom had a tumor in her colon, they found it on the first ultrasound. If you have had 3 that are normal, I am almost certain you are fine.

Cretinetta
12-05-14, 14:03
Thank you so much for your response Swgirl. I'm so sorry about your mom. How is she doing?