PDA

View Full Version : ectopic pregnancy-girls only

miss diagnosis
08-12-06, 11:52
I am convinced I have an ectopic pregnancy.i have my period but it seems to be brown blood. I have a really bad pain in my shoulder and i heard this is a symptom. Im on birth control but i took anti biotics 2 months ago..

phoenix
08-12-06, 11:59
id get a drs appointment asap. Period blood can be red or brown so i wouldnt worry about that, but if you took antibiotics they may have affected your contraception's effectiveness. did the dr who gave them to you know what contraceptives you were taking?
ive never heard of a pain in the shoulder being significant to pregnancy though!
xxx

miss diagnosis
08-12-06, 12:14
I had a period since the antibiotics and it was heavy enuff.
My period now has gotten heavier and turned red so Im not really worried anymore. gonna do a pregnancy test later just to be on the safe side

matilda
10-12-06, 11:56
I too have had an ectopic and ended up having an emergency op and nearly dying so i would say if youre that worried go to the hospital. I nearly left it too late!!! If theyre worried they will scan you. PS the pain is very bad!!!!

matilda
10-12-06, 11:58
Also shoulder tip pain is one of the main symptoms but mine didnt kick in till id had the op cos of all the internal trauma.

miss diagnosis
10-12-06, 13:10
thanks for the adivse but my period has returned to normal and the shoulder pain is gone so i must have just strianed it!