PDA

View Full Version : not jumping the gun but so i dont i could use a bit of info please...

marshallp09
12-05-14, 18:37
So I recently posted that my brain MRI was good and had nothing on it.... wich is great. Im not loosing it anymore but I have a couple questions. Well first lemme just say I did some strenuous activities with my arms and I have had muscle pain for about a month.and the pain started about 5 days afyer the activity so I went to gp he said he feels its tendinitis. Gave me some anti inflamatory and said it could take a while. So I accept it but like I said heres my questions.

1.) I read that its rare but is the brain MRI enough to exclude me from my MS fear completly? I heard they could come out only on your cervical spine but I understand not likley.

2.) Just to be clear MS pain is not tender and achy correct? I habe had randome tingles that go away withing seconds but
I belive intendonitis like my dr said but i have to ask cuz the arm pain is tender in an area when touched and feels tight when I move my wrists. It feels like if I worked out.

Thanks for you responses ahead of time

Fishmanpa
12-05-14, 18:52
"my brain MRI was good and had nothing on it"

Keep saying that to yourself....

Positive thoughts

cpe1978
12-05-14, 20:16
Marshall, I don't think anyone here will be able to give you a response that will satisfy you. Mainly because you have been assessed by qualified doctors for exactly what you are worried about and to my knowledge no one here is a qualified medical professional.

For me, I think FMP has given absolutely the best advice. Now from my perspective, and I know it is hard to do, but ask yourself why you are not satisfied with the information you have? Would a response to the questions you have clear up any doubt or would more questions and doubt pop into your head? I would suggest the latter as there is enough evidence of people on this forum who receive qualified diagnosis (or more realistically confirmation that there isn't a diagnosis to make) and find it impossible to accept and very swiftly end up back as if they hadn't had any tests whatsoever.

Try not to do that, cut it off at the pass and ask why you can't accept what you have been told.

Hope that doesn't come across wrongly.

marshallp09
12-05-14, 23:05
FMP trust me thats the only reason i am calm and not freaking out anymore. and CPE1978 as long as you didnt mean it in a bad way it didnt come off that way. your 100 percent correct because if you do answer these for me im sure ill have more tom. Its a cycle that i cant break. years ago when i was told i was ok by a dr. i never thought about the issue again. but for some reason recently i am calmer but i still question the whole 1 in a million thing you know. but to be honest the advice on this site and people telling me to relax and so on actually helps me. TO hear someone else say "look man calm down you have done everything you could... your fine" kinda calms me down

so thanks both of you guys for responding to the post.

Brindley
13-05-14, 12:24
My brother has MS due to surgery on his brain when he was younger. If i recall correctly there was a coating over his brain on the mri that was obvious the moment they looked at it. It is obvious on an mri scan if you have it, it is the most thorough thing that they can possibly do and it is what they look for every day. You need to accept the doctors test results as they are and get rid of your MS fear. If you had another MRI it would give you the same results.

Mr m anxious
13-05-14, 12:53
When you have suffered from anxiety muscle aches take a bloody long time to go away trust me also there is a lot more to Ms than muscle issues. The mri scan is final and your fine, all the best.