PDA

View Full Version : HIV Paranoia/Anxiety

Konstant
12-05-14, 22:10
Hello, this is my first post. I'll get right to it:

Today I was sitting in the sauna. In case you don't know; in some saunas you use water to throw on coal to create the steam needed to have an enjoyable sauna experience. Well, today was different. I have this cut on my index finger, and I wasn't thinking about it. I didn't change the water in the sauna bucket because it was already full.

I was sitting in the sauna and I started sneezing. I sneezed on my hand with the cut on it, so I poured some water from the bucket onto my hand. Well, it just so happens that there was this red stringy substance in the water. This completely freaked me out.

I suffer from this anxiety that won't allow me to go on with my day because I constantly believe I contracted a disease.

Am I at any risk?

Fishmanpa
13-05-14, 02:26
I wanted to reply in that this is your first post. This is a great site for info and encouragement. A quick read/search and you'll see you're not alone in your feelings and fears.

Concerning your fear.... Based on what you described, and if you look at how HIV is spread, I feel there's no chance whatsoever you have any concern.

Positive thoughts