PDA

View Full Version : hello im totally new but loving this site already!

Pauli
13-05-14, 12:09
I have been panic attack free for nearly 10 years...until last month...im on the verge of loosing the eill to live, as theconstant stress and pressure of my anxiety is breaking me. Ive been taking fluoxetine 20 mg for 9 years and 5 weeks ago i had it increased to 40 which i tought of as a total fail within mysel :( also ive been prescribed propranolol 40 mg 3x day as my anxiety is makin me struggle every day. Ive been going to hyonotherapy for 2 months now, it costs me a fortune but im hoping it will help...it relieved my symptons for few weejs but last week i had a total relapse :( has anyone else been through this? Thanks

Jill123
13-05-14, 17:26
Hi Pauli, :)
I joined this forum a few days ago and loving it. Like you my panic attacks have ceased for the last 2 years and then WHAM suddenly 2 months ago it re-appeared with a vengence. I am finding it increasingly difficult to manage this time around. My dr has prescribed Urbanol which is helping but I still panic. Like you I've spent a fortune on hynotherapy and therapist bills. I'm starting with a new therapist next week - hoping for some positive results. Hang in there - you are not alone.

Pauli
14-05-14, 10:20
Hi Jill! Im so glad i have signed up on this site. Its so good to know we arent alone. Im totally washed out and exhausted from trying to fight it and be normal. But reading others stories helps me. Ive been taking fluoxetine for years, and after recent outburst, my gp increased the dose to 40mg instead of 20. Its been 5 weeks since ive taken them, and im still on the edge. Do you think theyre not working?