PDA

View Full Version : Cit and nightmares/vivid dreams

eve22
13-05-14, 12:57
I had a nightmare/vivid dream last night on citaolpram, 1 month in and the past 3 nights its been very hard to sleep and i even wake my husband up to take me to the bathroom :blush: because im scared to go alone, (no he doesn't wipe me, i do that myself):winks: i believe it's very common.

So after i went to the bathroom, i went back to sleep and got into this frighting dream that scared the crap out of me, i couldn't wake up and it was also like it was real, in my room everything was in place my husband was leaving for work, so when i woke up i slap the shhhh out myself :doh: to tell if i was awake!!!

The things we go through:lac:
I'm very tired from the lack of sleep so i'm sure the kids will be getting away with a lot today :scared15:

Sober2000june
13-05-14, 17:49
Hi eve,
Hope you're feeling bit better. Out of interest did you per chamce have any carby snacks before bedtime?
Take care,
Paul

eve22
13-05-14, 17:52
hello! well i had mac and cheese!
grape juice and piece of cake!!

thank Paul!

Sober2000june
13-05-14, 19:08
Hi Eve, the grape juice and cake will have quite a bit of sugar which will give you an initial serotonin hit and possibly leading to vivid dreams. Also the big rush of sugar will cause spike in blood sugar causing your body to respond with a big insulin response. this in turn can cause your blood sugar to dive leading to anxiety. Diet is mega important to people with depression and anxiety.
you might want to have a book at the book called potatoes not prozac.
take care,
Paul

eve22
13-05-14, 21:40
Oh really, i set myself up! thank you!

dafni
14-05-14, 13:33
I have nightmares on cit too and nonsense dreams..

Sober2000june
14-05-14, 16:51
How are you today Eva?
Did you get a chance to look at any info on sugar and depression?

kind regards,
Paul

SADnomore
14-05-14, 16:59
I guess it's a function of increasing serotonin then? I get very vivid dreams on my AD too! Paul makes good sense, as I have been eating more carbs lately to "naturally boost serotonin" from this article I found in Psychology Today. Just a couple more weeks and I'll go back to eating more normally. I'll see then whether it has a modulating effect on my dreams. They sure are super-realistic feeling now though. :ohmy: I kissed a fella last night and actually felt guilty when I woke up, ha ha! Good thing hubby had left for work, I'm sure I was blushing :blush: ... :whistles:

eve22
14-05-14, 17:20
Hello Paul, yes i did, great thing to check out, btw im putting my self on a healthy diet and going for a hour walk in the after noon!
Thanks Paul :bighug1:

Marie, We are to much alike, told you im your long lost daughter, :winks: LOL
The dreams seem very real, i was getting attacked by balloons and woke up roughing up my husband, lol :yahoo:
lol he was so scared, but it was funny and scary at the same time!
ooooooooooh girl you had you a hotty if you did all that :blush:
lol

SADnomore
14-05-14, 22:53
Lol, hunni you are SO my long lost daughter! Now how the heck did I get stuck up here in cold old Canada instead of beautiful Kentucky like you??? :weep: ... Good luck with the diet, but don't cut out carbs entirely right? They keep telling us it's how our brains make serotonin ...! :D

eve22
15-05-14, 02:42
Lol :D Oh bless your heart! And i never have any luck with a diet!! lol