PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour! I'm new to this site.

JonesWRU
13-05-14, 23:10
Hello All! My names Aidan. I'm 23, from Wales. I was diagnosed with Severe Depression just over 2 years ago. And has recently got worse. I've not long been made redundant. During my time in the job I had an elderly gentleman have a cardiac arrest on me, and I later found out he had passed. Sad news and I know it's hard but a part of me blames myself for what happened that day. I regularly have flashbacks and nightmares of that day. There's so many more things which trigger my depression as well. I hope to meet new people, try and help others and see what help this forum will do for me. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

SADnomore
14-05-14, 04:37
Bonjour, Aidan! :welcome: Very sorry about the job. And please accept my condolences about the loss you had on your watch, and the memories which continue to haunt you. My depression is like that too. Regrets that are physically painful to remember again and again, even though I don't want to, and I know they serve no useful purpose. There they are, on a daily basis. I have started an antidepressant and will be titrated upwards over time, and am hoping it helps to give me a leg up so I can move on from this depression. I am gaining strength and perspective here on the forum, and I am sure you will too! There are some online CBTs you can do, and lots of reading and more. I am beginning to recognize a lot of ways in which depression manifests itself as anxiety, even if it is more officially seen here as being a result of anxiety. And who knows, maybe it is. I know I am now learning that symptoms I suffered years and years ago are in fact anxiety-based, it turns out. I never talked to anyone about them, I just worried for years that I was going crazy. By the sounds of what I'm reading from others here, I was terribly anxious and didn't know what that was to say! In any case, if you too are willing to be open-minded and keep trying to focus on turning things around for yourself, you are in the right place! Good to have you aboard! :)
Marie

gill mazzo
14-05-14, 09:08
Hi! I've recently joined the site too although my problems anxiety + stress! Just to say that the elderly gentleman + your lives are totally separate + he prob led a full + happy life - which I'm sure he'd want u to do! Sadly it's a fact of life that at some point we're all going to die! Try not to waste yours - try + live instead. Take care. Xx