PDA

View Full Version : Can't do it anymore!

Iheartray
13-05-14, 23:48
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I have posted here. I have been struggling a ton with my panic/anxiety the past couple of weeks and I remembered posting on this site before and being able to connect with others going through the same thing. I logged on expecting to read some helpful posts and hopefully feel a little better but unfortunately all I am able to focus on is that my first post was from 2007 and I STILL deal with this every single day. I have almost constant anxiety and panic attacks frequently. I don't feel like I can keep doing this forever :( I have found things that make my anxiety and panic attacks worse and I have learned to avoid them but I have yet to find anything to make them BETTER. I feel like depression is also becoming an issue because I am getting so tired of dealing with this. I come home from work every day and I just want to cry. Thinking about going on meds although that has always been my last resort. I do take Xanax "as needed" but try to keep it down to a couple of times a week. Any advice?

nomorepanic
13-05-14, 23:50
What self help are you doing can I ask?

Iheartray
14-05-14, 00:16
Exercising and eating right and taking care of myself seemed to work well in the past but I am at a point now where I just don't feel like doing anything. I feel like giving up. The past couple of months I was trying to do exposure therapy, forcing myself into situations that I know would cause panic to try and overcome it. While it felt good to be able to go into certain situations and sit through it and overcome it, it made me feel worse in the end because it didn't make it any easier the next time. I still have to deal with the panic no matter how many times I force myself to do things.
I guess in the past I was optimistic that things would/could get better but now having dealt with this for so many years it feels hopeless.

Dee123
14-05-14, 13:18
Hi all!
Im also dealing with panic and anxiety on a daily basis its becoming a complete nightmare!!
I feel like i cant have a normal life because of this and think that i have a serious heart condition because of all the pains i suffer,
The list is endless chest pain/tightness pain in my left side body pains in my legs dizziness feeling sick feeling hot and many more, also wanted to ask do any of you sufferes get aching in the left side of the jaw as i get this alot just lately and its really starting to scare/worry me which makes it more difficult to cope.
Hope theres someone out there who can help.

Iheartray
06-11-14, 04:48
Hi all!
Im also dealing with panic and anxiety on a daily basis its becoming a complete nightmare!!
I feel like i cant have a normal life because of this and think that i have a serious heart condition because of all the pains i suffer,
The list is endless chest pain/tightness pain in my left side body pains in my legs dizziness feeling sick feeling hot and many more, also wanted to ask do any of you sufferes get aching in the left side of the jaw as i get this alot just lately and its really starting to scare/worry me which makes it more difficult to cope.
Hope theres someone out there who can help.

Sorry about the late reply, I haven't been on here in a while. Yes, I can identify with just about everything you wrote!! The jaw thing for me is on both sides and usually in the morning like I had been clenching it in my sleep, or at night as if I had been clenching it nervously all day. It's amazing how much of your body is affected by anxiety! It blows my mind.