PDA

View Full Version : im scared it,s cancer.

fruity
14-05-14, 10:13
well I,ve been of hooks for maybe a month now because I,ve had coughs,colds,ear infec. im realy low. but my lymph node as been swole for nearly a month behind my right ear. im still not well I have a chesty cough. it,s small and soft like fluid filled. but im scared if it,s cancer.....

bingjam
14-05-14, 10:20
Have you been to the doctor to have it checked you might need some antibiotics..

Its good that its not hard and unmovable so ive heard.

I had an annoying tickley cough for a while which eventually went

fruity
14-05-14, 10:40
no I haven,t gone im too scared

bingjam
14-05-14, 10:41
Just make an appointment with them when you have the free time... proberly got an infectio somewhere that needs clearing up with antibiotics.

Jolly12
14-05-14, 14:20
Sounds like a lipoma, but listen, no one can diagnose you over the internet, including yourself.

I understand how you feel. I smoked cigarettes in college and can now sometimes convince myself that I have lung cancer, but I don't. I haven't had a lung x-ray or a CT Scan, but I know I don't. I will tell you that I would have never even thought about lung cancer if I hadn't gone online into forums to check for symptoms and to try and alleviate my anxiety and fears. It is a challenge every day not to look something up, but try.
I feel like if you want something to be wrong with you, there will be. Obviously none of us wants something to be wrong with us, but we will chase every ache, pain, lump or bump until we find something. Its almost as if we want someone to find something so we can say, "I knew it!" I will tell you though, when I stopped messing and poking around and worrying, the symptoms went away as well.
If you have seen a doctor, then STOP worrying. I promise, they will tell you if you need more tests, more tests and more appointments = more money. Why would they tell you you were fine if not? I struggle with these same thoughts, but I don't have a medical degree and I can't self diagnose based off of what I find on the internet and neither can you. Its hard, but just try to relax. There is uncertainty in life, there always will be, we can't control that, but we can control how we react to it. Either we control our emotions or they will control us.

There is a link in one of the Self Help Anxiety threads on here with an excellent podcast from the BBC. It won't let me post url to this site yet, but I have it on my blog - AnxietySafeHaven dot Wordpress dotcom.