PDA

View Full Version : now what???

mumtoone
08-12-06, 16:53
well .. went to see the doc yesterday about post traumatic stress

she told me to ring the local "Mind" charity people.. so i did and they said

"sorry - we don't do that type of help...."

so now what???

go back to GP? or ring a million and one other people to try and find out what i can afford (being nothing by the way....!)

SO SO SO annoyed ... never thought it would be this hard to get help ... aaaaargh

(oh and she put me on cit...pram stuff can't spell it sorry.. got lots of questions about that too... mainly - what if it makes me "spaced out" like she said it may and i cna't go to uni - i can NOT miss uni ...... aaargh stressed out now ...)

hellllpppp please

mumtoone
08-12-06, 16:54
that should say "can't" go to uni lol ... silly me can't type either!

yorkylover
08-12-06, 17:00
Hiya,you sound well stressed at the mo.I would go back to the gp.I think your on citalopram,it can cause side affects in some people and not others.Mine settled down after two weeks.Its annoying when you feel your not getting anywhere.:(:(

Ellen XX

mumtoone
08-12-06, 17:02
thanks ellen - problem is she has no spare appointments this side of christmas ... wil ring on monday and see if i can speak to her on the phone

it took me enough guts to ask for help - let alone have to find it myself [Sigh...] and yes... citalopram sounds right!

jo61
08-12-06, 17:18
Surely your GP has emergency appointments? I would go and bang on the counter at the surgery and tell them that it is an emergency as you are struggling with medication she has prescribed for you.

Jo

mumtoone
08-12-06, 19:15
yeh they have emergencies but you can't guaruntee what doc it is ....

i'll just ring round on monday and see what happens .... must be something out there... bit of a needle-haystack arrangement i think!

bb01234
08-01-07, 01:28
Hi there, a competent hypnotherapist 'should' be able to assist you with PTSD.

They would need to see you and speak to you to clarify further as to what is happening to you that you describe as PTSD.

Also, there are two main flavours of hypnotherapy, clinical and analytical and dependant upon the nature of what's taking place for you one might be a better route than another.

The empiracal test will be: after this have I overcome feeling X, and you and your therapist should be able to agree on a goal before commencing therapy.

HTH

Regards

Brian