PDA

View Full Version : Heart flip flops.

Luke95Don
14-05-14, 12:23
Hi everyone, I am new here, I am 18 years old and I want to discuss my problems with heart palpitions and maybe some of you could give me advice on what I should do, what treatments work or what you've done to cut out the palpitations.

So here's my story:

Two years ago I began to suffer with a severe anxiety and panic disorder after I suffered a concussion, I worried about everything and anything that might be a threat towards my well being. Later that year I was playing in a football (soccer) match and I noticed for the first time ever, that I had this sensation of a fluttering in my heartbeat and it felt as if my heart was beating too fast so I took myself off the pitch and to this day I have never played or excercised thoroughly again in fear of having another episode like that.

Ever sinxe that day, I have been suffering from heart palpitations, flutters, flip flops, thumps, the whole lot! I took a trip to my doctors and he diagnosed me with severe anxiety and sinxe that visit in 2012 I have had hospital visits, 999 calls and horrible panic attacks. I had councelling late last year and that helped me a bunch, I have had numerous heart ECG's and they have come back normal however I was supposed to have a blood test but I never went along to it as I waa on holiday.

I have a caffeine free diet apart from the odd bit of chocolate and I try to lay back on the alcohol however I still get these horrible palpitations and flip flops that happen sometimes a few times in a row and they happen even when I don't feel anxious and they still frighten the life out of me and make me anxious.

So what should I do? Should I go to the GP's for another check up? Why do I have palpitations even when I do not feel anxious? My palpitations seemed to calm down aling with my anxiety but they still occur. All I wanna do is live a happy normal life.

Your advice and help will mean alot.

Thanks,

Luke.

MRS STRESS ED
14-05-14, 12:36
Hello and welcome Luke although you may not be feeling anxious you are still suffering with anxiety and panic ,this causes surges of adrenaline in your body ,this makes us have these awful symptoms love it takes along time to get better your body and mind needs to remain calm .

You need to go back to see your gp get your blood test done just to eliminate anything but im sure your fine it all sound anxiety related ,and maybe disscuss some meds there are lots of new meds with mild side effects ,try and put your cbt into use aswell this can really help you ,heart palps pounding heart are all part of anxiety I get this regulary I dont worry about it now because I have accepted it is not anything sinister and it passes hope you go and get some more help off your gp xx