PDA

View Full Version : New(ish)!

Fizzy Warrior
14-05-14, 16:24
Hi all.

I joined this site a little while ago and have posted a few bits, mostly replies to other peoples' posts, but have not introduced myself here yet. So here I am. I'm 41 (nearly 42 :huh:) female, married and have 3 kids aged 6, 8 and 10. My anxieties are health-related, compounded by stress, I think. I have an umbilical hernia (as a result of my last pregnancy) which causes me to have pains, bloating and a lot of gas, basically IBS symptoms, but because some of the pains were/are in my chest, I convinced myself I was having heart attacks. I also have a haitus hernia which seemingly has been there for a long time but was only diagnosed less than 2 years ago, and which I'm now on medication for, but before the diagnosis it caused me to have severe acid reflux and vomiting, which of course I convinced myself was everything from an ulcer to cancer. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I constantly convince myself I've got loads of different serious illnesses. My doctor is very patient and understanding, thankfully! I have to say I've found this site a real godsend. It's great to find that I'm not a freak after all, because so many other people suffer from the same symptoms and the same worries as I do, and I also find it a great comfort that everyone's doctors tell them the same thing and give them the same reassurances as mine does. Doctors have seen all these things before and are able to tell serious illnesses from non-serious ones, and they can't all be wrong! I take a lot of comfort and reassurance from that!

Anyway, that's me. Just thought it was time I introduced myself! :winks:

helena8888
15-05-14, 03:37
Hi Fizzy, many of us here suffer from HA, you are not alone. I also have hiatus hernia, which treatment do you have, because apart from anti acid tablets that I take from time to time the doc has not given me anything else.

Fizzy Warrior
17-05-14, 14:50
Hi Helena, sorry for the delay replying, I only saw your message now. My doctor has prescribed Proton Pump Inhibitors, I just take one a day and it decreases the amount of stomach acid produced. - So maybe I didn't really word it properly, saying I'm on medication for the hernia, I suppose I'm not really as it's still there, just that it doesn't cause acid reflux anymore because of the medication, which means I'm not being woken up at night anymore, vomiting, so that's a good thing! I'm such a hypochondriac though, I'll always find something else to worry about... :/