PDA

View Full Version : paid by the state??

eve22
14-05-14, 17:40
Well i went to my counselor yesterday and with my anxiety, depression and i also have a learning disability she said i will be able to apply for a disability check!

is this possible??:shrug:

swgrl09
14-05-14, 17:47
I have heard of people getting on disability for those reasons. Keep in mind that sometimes it is a very long process (not to keep you from applying though). A lot of times people are denied their first application and have to apply again. There are resources that can help you with the process. What state do you live in by any chance? I'm in CT and our local Department of Social Services helps with the application.

eve22
14-05-14, 17:59
I'm in Kentucky!!

nomorepanic
14-05-14, 18:04
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

eve22
14-05-14, 18:06
thank you, i always mess up were i need to post!!!!!

swgrl09
15-05-14, 03:15
I would find out your local state social service agency and set up an appointment with them. It doesn't hurt to apply.

eve22
15-05-14, 14:03
Ok, i will try that..
And no it doesn't