PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Tone
14-05-14, 18:57
Hey.

Unfortunately, I get to meet you people who I'm sure are great amazing people who all bare the dead weight that is anxiety.

My name is Tony, I'm 20 and from London.

I first started getting anxiety whilst on a train to a voluntary job role in hopes of getting a job out of it, worst case scenario my C.V looks better, right?

Well, no.

I had a panic attack on the train on my 3rd day there, my manager noticed I looked terrible (Not hard given the facial expression of someone who thought that their time was up) and called an ambulance for me when I said my heart was going nuts.

Ever since then I've never felt normal. (Apart from when I visit my mother on the weekend, I have a half brother there who's 2 so I'm usually messing around with him all day..and the dog.) And I've had enough.

I've decided today that I will talk with people about it...I've kept this to myself, kind of, and I feel that if I go on living how I am at the moment that I'l be like this forever or at least until I completely give up.

I'm not too good with introductions and I'm sure I've "broken" an etiquette rule somewhere, so if someone wants to jump in and let me know where I went wrong that would be great.

I accept any questions what so ever, please don't hesitate.

Thank's for reading.

Mr.Jitters
14-05-14, 19:29
Hi Tony!

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds very familiar. You'll certainly get help on NMP. It sounds like you already have an idea of some of the things that can help you feel normal and I hope you find the help you need to feel that way all of the time. What help or support have you gotten so far?

It can be done. I haven't quite done it, but I feel pretty good most of the time, so I'm getting there, as are many others. Good luck!

Tone
14-05-14, 19:44
Thank's for the reply Jitters (Loving the name, if it's what I think it is)

I've, as I feel everyone else too, have been reading up a lot of stories and stuff like that and whenever I feel bad I feel a bit better afterwards so that's helping for now.

As for help and support nothing really, I've spoken to my uncle a lot who's had panic attacks for years and my dad who has had a few but other than that, nothing.

I was thinking about going to the doctors but I know if I did then they'd prescribe me "drugs" which I absolutely do not want to take.

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you end your adventure successful.

I call it an adventure because you experience a lot of new things and find out a lot about yourself that you otherwise wouldn't, at least that's the case for me so far.