PDA

View Full Version : so scared of bowel cancer

tracieann
14-05-14, 19:19
Well I'm having terrible problems with both my bowel and tummy long term ibs had probs for years now for two weeks almost every time mushy poo or loose had barium enema last Aug all clear there was one bit they couldn't see as well as liked but doc was happy with it I have chronic gastritis and take acid blockers which can make me,nauseous at times I've just restarted anti depressants for my fibromyalgia and mild anxiety bu I'm so worried about bowel cancer not going lots of times a day but loose poo all the time I'm afraid

nomorepanic
14-05-14, 19:24
You could ask to see a dietitian about the foods that may aggravate things.

tracieann
14-05-14, 19:34
I worry all the time about worse case,scenarios I know I do but this has been two weeks now ok had odd ok ones,but majority aren't right scared of cancer

nomorepanic
14-05-14, 20:56
I have had diarrhoea every day for as long as I can remember. I usually go about 5-7 times a day as well.

I have crohn's disease, diverticular disease and IBS.

I am seeing someone next week to see if certain foods I am eating are making it worse.

Worriedwellornot
14-05-14, 21:10
Hi Nic I have now been referred for an urgent colonoscopy and pelvic ultrasound which are booked for this weekend and next weekend. I only went back to the Drs last week. I had been feeling alright all day but as soon as I came home and saw the hospital appointment letters had immediate loose bowels, shivery and pale. My symptoms have been ongoing since October and I had a clear endoscopy last month. Today also my cervical smear was clear. I really should be pleased that I might soon have an answer to my bowel and tummy problems but feel sure this time it will be the worst. I had clear pelvic ultrasound in June so don't know why my Dr feels that this test needs repeating so soon. Hate this anxiety. In meanwhile my husband is going through his own demons with prostate worries. Not a good time.

tracieann
15-05-14, 07:27
Worriedwellornot just feel terrible think my anx and depression are back too but the gastritis is terrible and bowel issues are worrying me don't want to eat in case I'm sick seeing Dr on Monday she will hum and ha about ordering more tests as last ones were clear did have gastritis and duodenitis on endoscopy 2012 just sometimes think I don't want to be here