PDA

View Full Version : Ive finally done it

Suffering
14-05-14, 19:42
Hi,
This is my first post on this board, I have posted before on the Anxiety one but after suffering Anxiety and Depression for years, things came to a head and my friend persuaded me to go to the docs and I was prescribed 20mg Fluoxetine. Ive been so scared to take it but have spent ages reading through the posts on here and took the plunge on Monday, so Im on day 3.

I know its early days but Ive felt so calm and slept like a log. I realise this isnt probably the med as its too early, maybe its just relief as I so want to get better and start enjoying life again. I have had a tingly tongue on and off since Monday night and the awful tight throat feeling you get with anxiety mainly at nights and have to admit Im terrified of getting some of the side effects others have had.

Thankyou everyone for sharing your journeys, it really has helped :)

Rochelle121
14-05-14, 20:17
Oh im so pleased I started my medication today and fingers crossed it will work! Would you like to be my meds buddy? And we can encourage each other through the hard times together! :) best of luck x

Suffering
14-05-14, 20:39
Hi :):):)
Yes that would be great! Have you taken them before? I tried Seroxat years ago but had awful scary side effects so gave up after a week! Think this is why I feel like I do about these. I keep thinking what the hell am I doing. I go away in 5 weeks and I certainly dont want to be in a bad place then, I mean with the side effects. Part of me is wondering whether I should stop and wait until I get back and try again, then I see how much they helped a friend and think stick with it.

Rochelle121
14-05-14, 20:47
I have been on them before and thwy worked great! But I quit cold turkey so abit worried that they may not work again but trying to remain positve(as best I can)
And hopefully theres no time like the present and it wont affect your holiday :) xx

Suffering
14-05-14, 21:44
I didnt realise they may not work a second time. I hope they do for you. Just having a debate with the hubby now about them, I really want to enjoy my hols, have a drink and not worry about doing so. Everything I read says not to, or suffer the consequences if you do! I know the main thing is to get better but I feel I havent timed this too well!

Rochelle121
14-05-14, 22:21
Well I had originally started them in December 2008 and I had one or two alcopops over Christmas with no adverse effects so maybe if u test the waters with one weak drink and see how you go? Theres no use worrying to much now you've started so you may aswell carry on forward :) x

Suffering
18-05-14, 00:12
Hi,
Sorry I havent replied. Im afraid I stopped at day 4, I felt terrible, my anxiety was getting worse and I felt I just couldnt go through with it, not now anyway. I know Im probably worrying as usual but reading lots of posts on here made me worry even more about the possibility of these side effects continuing for weeks. I was warned things could get worse before they got better but I cant cope with worse anxiety so I stopped, I was also afraid this was a re run of my Seroxat attempt years ago. Ive decided rightly or wrongly to get my holiday out of the way and if Im still feeling like I do then go and ask to try another AD. Im coping as I am but Im afraid I wont cope the way I was beginning to feel. Maybe Prozac just isnt for me.
I wish you the best and really hope things improve for you.