PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause dizziness , change in vision and weakness

Littlemisssunshine10
14-05-14, 20:26
As aaked in the title can anxiety cause dizziness,change in vision. Weakness and feel like being pulled to the left?

Doctor said I have an ear infection maybe because of fluid feel a little dizziness but all the other symptoms are new went to opticans today she said. Eyes are healthy, but I am obviously scared I have a brain tumour, actually convinced my self I have :( but I don't know if it's real as last week thought I had stomach cancer until I had endoscopy. But these symptoms are constant, I try be positive but I can't even concentrate on TV and take it all in!! Is this anxiety????? Am I dying??? I been to doctors about 5 times in last two weeks! Please anyone can you explain anxiety to me,
Can it cause all this? I don't feel I can overcome it, I have had enough my life is shit and I just want to cry & I have thoughts that are ruining me life and I think I can't do this anymore

Annie0904
14-05-14, 20:29
Yes it is anxiety, as I write this I am feeling just the same. This week has not been a good week for me and my anxiety symptoms are getting worse. Try to distract yourself by doing something. Watching a comedy show often helps.

Littlemisssunshine10
14-05-14, 20:32
I baked a cake, went for a walk and to opiticans felt a little weak still and off balanced but oddly better I was going make another doctor appointment for reassurance but managed to stop my self now I'm regretting it as I believe I have a brain tumor and stupidly googled stories of symptons people had and now think I have them!

Annie0904
14-05-14, 20:36
If you have an ear infection it would make you dizzy but anxiety alone makes me feel very dizzy.

Littlemisssunshine10
14-05-14, 20:41
If I think logically I think I can see how I have had all these symptoms and changing from illness to illness! But then logic goes and I think doctor are missing somthing and I'm scared I'm going to have a seizure now! I am trying cbt but not helping and propanolol and another anxiety med not working thou just makes me sooo sleepy! Had enough of this life. I'm a good person why do I have to have this???

Annie0904
14-05-14, 20:44
It does get better, I am not saying they won't be little blips now and again but it gets easier to deal with once you understand it. Have you tried the online course CBT4panic?

Littlemisssunshine10
14-05-14, 20:47
Nope is it on this website?? Xx

Annie0904
14-05-14, 20:52
http://ct-online-info.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fct-online-info.com%2F&reauth=1

Littlemisssunshine10
14-05-14, 20:56
Thank you xx

GingerFish
15-05-14, 14:26
Yip anxiety sure can. I feel like that a lot due to anxiety. When I have an ear infection my anxiety goes thru the roof because of the extra dizziness from the infection.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

And when I have a panic attack my vision goes all weird too. Its hard to describe but it feels like my vision is just gonna cut out any second.

Littlemisssunshine10
15-05-14, 14:56
Yeh that's how I feel and feels like it's getting worse always somthing new!! I went to doctors twice today! I don't feel it's anxiety I feel it's real but surely if I been to doctors that much they would say if they thought it was a brain tumour, I spoke to 3 doctors. X

DreamBoy
15-05-14, 17:02
Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms and I found you just get into a vicious circle with it.

I was worried about the symptoms I was experiencing before I knew they were signs of anxiety and it just made it worse and worse.

I used to feel like I was going to faint all the time - this made me think 'theres something wrong you dont feel faint for no reason' Id think and think and think about it and it would just make the feeling worse. I also would feel l like I was on a boat on water sometimes. If I was stood still I would feel like I was swaying and would experience this swaying feeling if I was leaning on something like a table with my hands.

I know its the worst thing we can do to Google symptoms, but it might help to Google the symptoms of anxiety and find a detailed list and check off the symptoms youve had. I did exactly that and then when I had any further symptoms I would be able to think back to the list and link my symptoms to the anxiety

Jolly12
15-05-14, 19:23
From Stress.org - here are the symptoms of stress and anxiety (to name a few)

:-)

1. Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
2. Gritting, grinding teeth

3. Stuttering or stammering

4. Tremors, trembling of lips, hands

5. Neck ache, back pain, muscle spasms

6. Light headedness, faintness, dizziness

7. Ringing, buzzing or “popping sounds

8. Frequent blushing, sweating

9. Cold or sweaty hands, feet

10. Dry mouth, problems swallowing

11. Frequent colds, infections, herpes sores

12. Rashes, itching, hives, “goose bumps”

13. Unexplained or frequent “allergy” attacks

14. Heartburn, stomach pain, nausea

15. Excess belching, flatulence

16. Constipation, diarrhea, loss of control

17. Difficulty breathing, frequent sighing

18. Sudden attacks of life threatening panic

19. Chest pain, palpitations, rapid pulse

20. Frequent urination

21. Diminished sexual desire or performance

22. Excess anxiety, worry, guilt, nervousness

23. Increased anger, frustration, hostility

24. Depression, frequent or wild mood swings

25. Increased or decreased appetite

26. Insomnia, nightmares, disturbing dreams
27. Difficulty concentrating, racing thoughts

28. Trouble learning new information

29. Forgetfulness, disorganization, confusion

30. Difficulty in making decisions

31. Feeling overloaded or overwhelmed

32. Frequent crying spells or suicidal thoughts

33. Feelings of loneliness or worthlessness

34. Little interest in appearance, punctuality

35. Nervous habits, fidgeting, feet tapping

36. Increased frustration, irritability, edginess

37. Overreaction to petty annoyances

38. Increased number of minor accidents

39. Obsessive or compulsive behavior

40. Reduced work efficiency or productivity

41. Lies or excuses to cover up poor work

42. Rapid or mumbled speech

43. Excessive defensiveness or suspiciousness

44. Problems in communication, sharing

45. Social withdrawal and isolation

46. Constant tiredness, weakness, fatigue

47. Frequent use of over-the-counter drugs

48. Weight gain or loss without diet

49. Increased smoking, alcohol or drug use

50. Excessive gambling or impulse buying

- See more at: http://www.stress.org/stress-effects/#sthash.cXLaXrx0.dpuf

Chan
15-05-14, 21:07
Hi
I have this all the time and at first they thought it was a problem with my ears but I had them checked, MRIs etc and all came back clear. The docs then put it down to anxiety. I get dizziness and weakness feelings, like I'm going to fall over and kind of tunnel vision. I am currently doing CBT, keep going with it as I feel like mine is paying off!! I find reading a book helps me or writing down how I'm feeling as it helps me think about it more logically.