PDA

View Full Version : Nervous symptoms to anxiety?

paul1972
03-08-04, 22:24
Hiya everyone,

As you know, a friend of mine bites her nails really badly, she is quite a nervous lady, and has had problems with stress and self esteem in the past - is her nail biting a result of that do you think, or just a habit (as she has bitten her nails almost all her life). Has anyone else here ever bitten their nails?

Take care,

Paul

Laurie28
04-08-04, 10:56
Hiya paul,

I don't know why people start biting their nails!!! I was a nail biter for years but when my anxiety 'peaked' I stopped because i was scared of what I had touched so no way was I putting my hands near my mouth!!!

Sorry I'm not much help but if i see people biting there nails they can tend to look nervous and are unaware they are doing it!!!!! Probably after that it becomes like most things habit!!!!!

has she tried anything to stop her doing it? like that horrid tasting polish or some false nails? if it is habit that mght break the habit - just a thought

lucky

floralgypsy
05-08-04, 14:12
I bite my nails too. It is something I do subconsciously when my mind is set on something else that may be worrying me. I also tend to 'jig' my feet, so that when I am trying to get to sleep, my feet move as if they are tapping along to a beat. I think that they both have something to do with anxiety.