PDA

View Full Version : Is this a fever?

Claudius
14-05-14, 21:15
I have been going through different bouts of health anxiety over the past two weeks, and have been actually sick along the way. This vicious cycle has come and gone, and today I checked my body temp and it has been around 99.1 for the past few hours. Is this a fever? It is causing me to have fluttering chest as I worry about it.

I also have a cold. Not helping.:wacko:

ankietyjoe
14-05-14, 21:43
Having a cold is likely to raise your body temperature.

99.1 is really nothing to worry about, and paracetamol should help you feel better.

Claudius
15-05-14, 00:28
:welcome:Ok. Thanks. Its not the cold I am having a problem with, just the 'fever'. I have a pilonidal cyst, and a few weeks ago my grandmother (A nurse with a doctorate) had me convinced I had sepsis. I have been relatively calm over the last few weeks, but when my body gets the least bit warm, I have to check my temp. I was always thinking in the back of my head 'When it reaches 100.4, its a death sentence'. I thought had gone until today.

Does anyone else have lingering issues with specific symptom like this?

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

I have drunken many fluids but it is still hovering around 99.2. I know it's benign, but I just want it to go down so I can calm down.

ankietyjoe
15-05-14, 10:15
100.4 is also normal with an infection.

104 is when you should think about getting medical attention!

Claudius
17-05-14, 16:36
The 'fever' is gone, but I still have a cough and stuffed nose. I woke up this morning with chills and the room spinning. That only lasted a few seconds, but I still feel weak and light-headed. Could it be anxiety?

darklazer
22-06-14, 00:56
bump. i'm in the same boat.