PDA

View Full Version : Newbie : )

katz1812
15-05-14, 03:03
:)

Hi all, I checked out this website and forum because I was looking for advice on upping my Zoloft dosage from 50 to 100mg, I had been on 25mg the first two months with no noticeable change in my anxiety level, I was on 50mg until tonight, I was seeing some improvement but I am still having panic attacks in driving situations...in 2012 I was in a rollover car accident and ever since last September I have been pretty much unable to drive my car anywhere except just around my subdivision without feeling like I need to pull over and stop.
I'm hoping that upping my dosage will help, I attempted to drive down the street with my mother so we could go shopping at the meijjers store..it's only about 5 minutes or so away from the house, but I couldn't do it...I pulled over in a parking lot and she had to drive the rest of the way.
Thank god my boyfriend is being extremely understanding about all this and has driven me to work and back ever since last September, but I know I need to work on being able to drive again.
Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated :)

helena8888
15-05-14, 03:22
Hi Katz, when did you start on 50mg ? Give it at least 1 month to see if you are feeling better.

katz1812
17-05-14, 03:31
I started on 50mg last November, I'm hoping the new dosage will help

SADnomore
17-05-14, 04:50
Hi, Katz! You may not have had them last increase, but many people experience some side effects including a temporary spike in anxiety each time their med is increased. 50 to 100 mg is quite a jump. For comfort's sake, I would consider taking 75 mg for a week or two and make sure you're doing okay before continuing on to 100. My med has nausea as a side effect, but just for the first 3 days or so. A long weekend would be a good time to start an upward titration. I assume your doctor has given you the go-ahead ...

Good luck! Welcome aboard :welcome:
Marie

eve22
17-05-14, 08:00
:welcome:
Good luck with everything!!!