PDA

View Full Version : Dispersonalisation in afternoons

Spikie
15-05-14, 08:00
It's not dispersonalisation is it it's... disp... It's that thing where I feel I am sort of dreaming, like everything is happening to someone else. I used to get it as a side effect of my Citalopram.

I'm sure you know what I mean anyway :) I'm getting it quite heavily in the afternoons, as in right after lunch and through the rest of the work day (when riding my bike home sorts it, as if you space out on a motorbike you don't get the chance to post about it on a message board ;) ). It's like my subconscious (which is normally fine at handling things, I can zone out and day dream/worry and find I did some quite complex stuff while I was away) can't think straight, nor can my conscious. I wondered if it was the food I was eating, but I've changed it enough times I'm no longer sure.

Are there any foods/ingredients that could cause that? It often feels like I'm on drugs...

#Edit#
That was posted in haste this morning, but now I have more time I have had a search and read about others experiences with depersonalisation. I'm trying the 'engage all senses' approach, I'll see how it goes!