PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have why me days?

suzy1984
08-12-06, 19:26
Hi
Just having one of those days today where i so desperatly want to be 'normal' as in not have anxiety and depression. Compared to many people on here i know i am very lucky but i just want to enjoy life again, do what other people my age do go out, date, go to the cinema, go shopping & all the rest of it. Im so fed up of hating myself and having no confidence even when someone pays me a compliment i think they r just taking the mick. I try to keep smiling but its so hard when all i can think about is how much I hate myself and the way I am, im dreading christmas & trying to be cheerful whilst being the only single person i know, it feels so lonely. Im so fearful for the future as iv been single & lonely for so long can't ever see things getting better.
Sorry to go on & thanks for reading if you got this far.
love
Suzy xx:(

ceecee
08-12-06, 19:42
hi suzy
yeh i ask myself that question every day!!!!!!!
i,m married and have 2 wonderful daughters but sometimes feel like the lonliest person in the world!!!!!!
i,m sorry that i don,t really have any advice but just know that you,re not alone.
take care
rach x

happyone
08-12-06, 21:09
Hey suzy,
I can only echo what ceecee has said. I am married, have two super daughters, yet I feel so alone sometimes.
Like you, I also go through long times of self loathing (destructive tho I know it is-hard to stop though eh?)
And christmas? Bah humbug! If I could get away with it I would curl up under my duvet all day (well, maybe just from the point the in laws arrive!)
Only advice I can give is what I have received on here, things do get better.
you are not alone and you are not going on.
Take care
Happyone
x

ConfusedByLife
08-12-06, 22:37
Hey suzi

Unlike the other 2 I am single like u and have been for a long time. So, I know exactly what u mean and have many of the same fears. Nice to meet someone who is social phobic who is actually single as it always confuses me how so many people with this problem seem to somehow be married when dating is one of the hardest things I could think of for a social phobic! Im dreading the xmas work dinner and it will torture me for the next month but im determined to stop running away now. Itwill be hard but im trying to see things now as challenges to succeed in, rather than beating myself up and replaying the negatives overin my head (which obviously only makes me have less confidence - a vicious circle). I guess its all a state of mind. If we compare our weaknesses to others strengths we will always fall short. I hope u have a good christmas suzi and try not to beat urself up. Im sure many ppl wd luv u if they get to know u, only ppl like us are our own worst enemy. Maybe we shd get together sometime, lol

suzy1984
08-12-06, 23:52
Hi

Thankyou for the replies it always helps me to know im not alone & not going mad. I guess its true that you can be surrounded by people but still be lonely. hmm at least being single I have no in laws to worry about at christmas lucky me hehe!
Confused - Its good to hear from someone single who shares my fears, oh the stories I could tell about dating disasters & anxiety! maybe its time for a NMP dating forum lol! good luck with the xmas dinner & overcoming your challenges.

Thanks again for taking time to reply
Love & hugs
Suzy x:)x

mooks
09-12-06, 00:31
hi suzy

like the others its a lonely illness...i hab fab hubby & daughter...but feel isolated...however my therapist tells me off for looking at others and wanting to be normal....she says 'how do you know'....whats normal...
which is the way i look at it now....i hate this illness but other so called normal people i envy...probably have issues i can't see...so ive stopped being a victim and just accepted the way i am...harsh but its taken 10 yrs to get here...xxxxxxxx