PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate the doctors waiting room

fairyloveheart
15-05-14, 11:41
Does anyone else hate sitting in the waiting room at the docs? I'm stick waiting half an hour for my appt and the waiting room is packed and I feel scared! The girl next to be has just stopped being sick apparently, I don't want to catch it but she's so close to me so now I'm panicking about it!! The person the other side is coughing and I want to scream!!!!

Annie0904
15-05-14, 11:44
I hate it too. When my anxiety is very bad they let me go in the back door and I sit in a room on my own.

rebeccad
15-05-14, 12:37
I hate the waiting room to , I always think the receptionists and doctors are
Thinking bloody hell here she is again ��x

nomorepanic
15-05-14, 13:12
I used to wait outside and ask them to get me from there lol

unsure_about_this
15-05-14, 13:29
Yes
Same for dentist

When I had bad health anxiety, with my abdominal pain and I thought I had the big c word, bowel cancer I was scared that something would have been felt. I also scared that I went so many times last year in 2013 and a few times in 2012 the GPs will not take me seriously, even though I know GPs cannot do this.

I lost count how many times in between 2010-2013 I went to see a GP, I think I have seen every GP at the practice which was currently working there since 2013. I know at the practice I am registered to, there is a new GP which I not had an appointment with (last year when I was getting my blood results, my Dad went with me because I had abdominal pains last year, he said I should have a season ticket at the GPs.

I wonder what the receptionist thought saying my name as I always use to book my appointments to see a GP at the practice online. I had my CBT appointments here.

rebeccad
15-05-14, 13:30
Ha ha ha that's a brill idea :) I wish there could be special surgeries for health anxiety patients :) x

GingerFish
15-05-14, 14:21
I get my mum or bf to wait with me in the waiting room and whenever I get the urge to go and hide in the toilet, I tell them to just grab my hand and force mme to sit there. It sucks and its hard but it calms me down after a minute and makes me feel like I've achieved something by being able to sit there thru a panic, even if it was because they were stopping me from leaving.