PDA

View Full Version : menopause ?

JulieJay92
15-05-14, 12:17
after speaking to a friend last night i am now wondering if i am exxperencing early menopause

im near 40 but after a quick google this morning (i know naughty) and after the talk with friend yesterday im wondering does this sound possible

heightened anxiety over last 2 weeks
faster pulse than normal
more tired than usualbloating quite bad and full of gas
headaches

and the one im not sure about is radical changes in BP one min 138/8 then 180/112 but apparently this is quite normal during menopause

just wanted some advice/thoughts from you lovely ladies before trying to get doc app, i have spoke to chemist and she has told me what i dread lol to monitor my bp 3 times a day for 2 weeks before making app

TIA

Annie0904
15-05-14, 12:20
after speaking to a friend last night i am now wondering if i am exxperencing early menopause

im near 40 but after a quick google this morning (i know naughty) and after the talk with friend yesterday im wondering does this sound possible

heightened anxiety over last 2 weeks
faster pulse than normal
more tired than usualbloating quite bad and full of gas
headaches

and the one im not sure about is radical changes in BP one min 138/8 then 180/112 but apparently this is quite normal during menopause

just wanted some advice/thoughts from you lovely ladies before trying to get doc app, i have spoke to chemist and she has told me what i dread lol to monitor my bp 3 times a day for 2 weeks before making app

TIA

You didn't mention your Menstrual cycle and changes in this would be a more clear indicator of Menopause. The other symptoms you mentioned could be related to a number of things.

JulieJay92
15-05-14, 12:53
thanks

sorry but i have been on the injection for 2 years after my periods became a bit erratic

for the 1st year i did still get PMT despite the injection but since oct/nov these have graduall subsided

Annie0904
15-05-14, 13:00
It is difficult to say, you will be best going to the doctors and he may be able to do a blood test to check your hormone levels.

JulieJay92
15-05-14, 13:03
as i said i am going in 2 weeks after BP monitoring, was just curious if when experiencing the menopause if any of you had similar symptoms

also forgot the night sweats but feling sold at the same time

JulieJay92
15-05-14, 19:24
also forgot to say i also seem to get blurry vision after 6pm and all symptoms heightened in the evening especially chest tightness

Annie0904
15-05-14, 19:27
These can all be symptoms of anxiety too.

JulieJay92
15-05-14, 20:18
yea i know hun - had been diagnosed in 1997 just seems last 2 weeks have been unbearable :(

im also a childminder and so worried about looking after the kids 3 times a week

Annie0904
15-05-14, 20:21
Would you be able to get an earlier appointment with you gp? I don't know if you are on medication already but maybe it needs reviewing?

JulieJay92
15-05-14, 21:41
only occasional diazapem as amitryptline made me a bit loop and moody

no idea what the medication is like over here to be honest which is probably heightening my anxiety

i have also convinced i have angina despite clear ecg in 2010 and normal bloods in dec 2012 although cholesterol was uk average and low vit b

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

again thanks annie for talking to me

it has helped as bp tonight went from 180/102 down to 155/93

JulieJay92
17-05-14, 13:32
do you think i should go to A&E as cant get it below 161/95 and very light headed today, it was high yesterday but managed a bbq with friends with no problems

Annie0904
17-05-14, 13:57
It could be higher because you are worrying about it and checking it so much.

JulieJay92
17-05-14, 18:59
i know annie, but its what the pharmacy here requested i do before the docs

it did go down to 135/86 at 3pm ive just never experienced it so permanently high but my mum is going to local chemist in uk to chat with physician on my behalf as expensive here and not open weekends except hospital

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

called mum

got really upset as she said the pharmasist said it was more than likely ONLY panic attacks

would love to ring them myself and tell them its not called ONLY panic, wish that poor chemist had them

#feelingoutraged

AlexandriaUK
17-05-14, 19:36
I think you should see gp sooner than 2 weeks as 2 more weeks and your anxiety will have taken big time which you don't want, your bp is higher because you are fixated on it,mine has always been 115/70 then I had to go Hospital and got myself into a proper panic and when she did bp it was 160/90 then she waited 10 mins and It was 180/95 and she made me panic more telling me to go drs and It was diagnosed as white coat syndrome still shoots up even at the sight of a bp machine averages out now at 135/80 depending where its checked, have a glass of wine and relax it will go down.
Dr will reassure you its ok, which country are you inx

Annie0904
17-05-14, 19:58
The pharmacist will have said only panic attacks because although they are really awful and not nice to experience, they are not harmful or life threatening.

JulieJay92
17-05-14, 21:25
thanks alexandria

im in spain and yes i used to have white coat syndrome but have to start all over again over here lol

think a drink may be a plan then early night

JulieJay92
18-05-14, 18:30
visited walk in dr today - he said just to keep an eye on BP as today it was 128/75 and its more than likely a reoccurance of my attacks but i actually dont take meds except OTC ones

AlexandriaUK
18-05-14, 18:50
Brilliant glad you have been as now you know that it is more than likely your anxiety kicking in, next time you consider taking it sit quietly for 10/15 mins at least and see how It goes,eiher that or just don't take it,see your own doc and if he says Its fine then it probably is, oops It most definately is LOL
Only someone with HA will understand the last bit

JulieJay92
18-05-14, 19:54
lol i know ty hun has calmed me so much an dmanaged a day of childminding for 9hrs on my own too

will check it midweek then the weekend before making appointment