PDA

View Full Version : If anyone can help me please! I need words of encouragement now!

tuesdayschild44
15-05-14, 16:43
I am going to the doctor today to talk about my insomnia and the restoril that he gave me to sleep. I am worried about being on a benzozidepiene for the last two months. I feel like they’re not working on some nights. Last night was one of them. But being that I have health anxiety, the thought of the doctor’s office scares me. Last time I was there he said I had weakness in my left arm and no reflex in my bicep on that arm. It scares me so much. It started feeling that way again on Tuesday, and that is when I called the doctor’s office to make today’s appointment. So, is it all in my head? The doctor has checked it the last two times I was in there and he said the second time it was weaker, how can he tell that? He had me squeeze his fingers push against him all that stuff. But now that I have to go back today, the last two days I am hyper focused on my left arm. There is tingling and it is shaky, well really my whole body is shaky.
He is sending me for the EMG to check my nerves because of that and the tingling that started in my left leg back in February ( I hurt my back ) he said that was a pinched nerve in my lower back. Could this be a pinched nerve in my neck? I have fears of MS and ALS. But the left arm and overall weakness didn’t start until my panic attack that ended me up in the Emergency room back in March. That is when I started taking Ativan that the doctor switched to Restoril, he switched because I wasn’t sleeping even on the Ativan, and now the Restoril seems to be okay most nights but I haven’t been able to sleep through the night since March.
God why does the left side of my neck tingle and down that arm? It shook both times I pushed against the doctor, what is it?
I keep telling myself that the all over muscle twitches and the tingling are a symptoms of anxiety, but the weakness? Could my mind be doing that? I like totally forgot about that until Tuesday and then bam, the thing feels weak, I am like doing things to test the strength, and I am not feeling like it is as strong??!!!
And also for the ladies, I didn’t have my monthly visitor last month and this month it is more and still spotting on day 6! Is that normal? Is that caused by the panic and anxiety????
Plus I still have the lower back ache every now and then, it’s hard for me to not think it’s not connected somehow, is this all real physical health problems? Or what? I have so many things going on right now! I don’t know what is a real issue and what is not! I am freaking out!
If anyone can help me please! I need words of encouragement now!

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

This all started from taking a steroid for a possible slipped or bulged disc? no one is even looking at my back anymore, my health anxiety causing all of these symptoms, does anyone have anything to suggest or tell me??????

Worried 24/7
15-05-14, 17:04
Stress definitely can screw up your cycle. I've read that lots of places. You could also be making your arm symptoms worse by focusing on it so much. Try to relax

SarahH
15-05-14, 17:05
I'm thinking all these symptoms should be put to your Dr who is qualified to diagnose you which NMP are not:)

Good luck today

sarah

tuesdayschild44
15-05-14, 17:08
Yes, I have informed him about the symptoms, does it sound like its something serious to you guys? I am getting so scared now,,,,

SarahH
15-05-14, 17:11
..as I said above. I am not a Dr...and even if there was one on this site they would not give an opinion over the internet.

Please try to relax a little until your appointment:)

tuesdayschild44
15-05-14, 17:22
Yes, I am trying too, Thank You,

Jolly12
15-05-14, 19:25
HA doesn't only affect our minds, but most certainly our bodies. We have all been there, I certainly have and I slip back there from time to time, but when I began to "shelf" my anxieties and worries, I found most of them left...

I have posted this a number of times, but its helpful to remember, here are the effects stress and anxiety can have on your body:

1. Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
2. Gritting, grinding teeth

3. Stuttering or stammering

4. Tremors, trembling of lips, hands

5. Neck ache, back pain, muscle spasms

6. Light headedness, faintness, dizziness

7. Ringing, buzzing or “popping sounds

8. Frequent blushing, sweating

9. Cold or sweaty hands, feet

10. Dry mouth, problems swallowing

11. Frequent colds, infections, herpes sores

12. Rashes, itching, hives, “goose bumps”

13. Unexplained or frequent “allergy” attacks

14. Heartburn, stomach pain, nausea

15. Excess belching, flatulence

16. Constipation, diarrhea, loss of control

17. Difficulty breathing, frequent sighing

18. Sudden attacks of life threatening panic

19. Chest pain, palpitations, rapid pulse

20. Frequent urination

21. Diminished sexual desire or performance

22. Excess anxiety, worry, guilt, nervousness

23. Increased anger, frustration, hostility

24. Depression, frequent or wild mood swings

25. Increased or decreased appetite

26. Insomnia, nightmares, disturbing dreams
27. Difficulty concentrating, racing thoughts

28. Trouble learning new information

29. Forgetfulness, disorganization, confusion

30. Difficulty in making decisions

31. Feeling overloaded or overwhelmed

32. Frequent crying spells or suicidal thoughts

33. Feelings of loneliness or worthlessness

34. Little interest in appearance, punctuality

35. Nervous habits, fidgeting, feet tapping

36. Increased frustration, irritability, edginess

37. Overreaction to petty annoyances

38. Increased number of minor accidents

39. Obsessive or compulsive behavior

40. Reduced work efficiency or productivity

41. Lies or excuses to cover up poor work

42. Rapid or mumbled speech

43. Excessive defensiveness or suspiciousness

44. Problems in communication, sharing

45. Social withdrawal and isolation

46. Constant tiredness, weakness, fatigue

47. Frequent use of over-the-counter drugs

48. Weight gain or loss without diet

49. Increased smoking, alcohol or drug use

50. Excessive gambling or impulse buying

- See more at: http://www.stress.org/stress-effects/#sthash.cXLaXrx0.dpuf

tuesdayschild44
15-05-14, 22:21
Thanks, it always helps to read the things that anxiety can do to our bodies, I usually can tell myself that it is all anxiety, but sometimes the physical feelings are so overwhelming that I can't stop the panic. I'm trying the breathing slow technique now. Feel somewhat better.

Jolly12
16-05-14, 14:48
Just breathe, really it will be okay. The more "we" poke, prod and try to self diagnose, the more we will second guess our symptoms. I bet before the technology boom, most of us as kids didn't go looking online each time we scraped our elbow or got sick. Now that we have technology at our fingertips we rush to the computer to google or search our symptoms. We think we are smarter than the doctors who spent at least 8 years in medical school. We watch the media and we watch medical dramas on the tube that exacerbate our fears, but that is exactly what good entertainment does, it takes us to our limits. We have to realize that most of that is just what it is - entertainment, even the news - drama sells. This includes the internet.

Your body is a fine tuned machine. It is made to take care of itself. Your mind can inhibit that when you let your emotions take over. You have to CHOOSE to not let those emotions control you. Pray for clarity and discernment, wisdom and guidance. It is most likely all anxiety, you see the list of symptoms above, I bet yours are all on there.

There is a good podcast I found from the BBC on HA on my blog if you are interested, it was great. http://anxietysafehaven.wordpress.com/