PDA

View Full Version : Scary!!!

kellylou89
15-05-14, 22:32
Has anybody had it when it feels like there heart is going to beat out there chest!? .. Im not out of breath an my breathing is normal but since lying down it feels like my heart is really thumping hard!
Its scaring me stupid!, ive had rediculously horrible heart burn aswel today to the point of it feel like my throats on fire!

MRS STRESS ED
15-05-14, 22:52
Has anybody had it when it feels like there heart is going to beat out there chest!? .. Im not out of breath an my breathing is normal but since lying down it feels like my heart is really thumping hard!
Its scaring me stupid!, ive had rediculously horrible heart burn aswel today to the point of it feel like my throats on fire!

Hello kellylou I would get awful heartburn and my heart pounding,my anxiety was sky high at the time ,im alot better now thanks to alot of hard work ,still get the pounding heart sometimes but I can cope with it now I know its down to my anxiety ,go and see your gp and see what he can advise you xx

RoseEve
16-05-14, 03:05
Yes it a panic attack. It's terrible but harmless.

Worried 24/7
16-05-14, 03:56
Yeah that feeling sucks :-( best to just ride it out

kellylou89
16-05-14, 08:50
Thankyou guys for your replies! Im seeing my gp tuesday just hope he says my heart is healthy and its all anxiety!

HoneyLove
16-05-14, 08:56
Kellylou, acid reflux (heartburn) can cause harmless heart palpitations. I have the same issue and it happens worst when I lie down because it's easier for the liquids to move back out of your stomach. It used to make me panic too, until I found out what was causing the pounding heart and now it doesn't bother me any more.

Did you chat to your GP about your heartburn?

kellylou89
16-05-14, 09:32
Hiya thanks for your reply, oh really? .. I last spoke to him about it when i was diagnosed with reflux .. But im booked in to see him tuesday so
Will be asking him then

HoneyLove
16-05-14, 10:24
Yes, a cardiologist talked to me about it when I was having tests for the high heart rates and palpitations I was getting. He said that it's something they're becoming more and more aware of, the link between reflux and palpitations.

My experience was, I was waking up at night with my heart racing and it was doing it at random times of the day. It wasn't anxiety related, but stressing about it definitely made it worse. My doc caught the high heart rate and ectopic beats, so she referred me for a 24 hour holter monitor. The monitor caught the high heart rates too, so they sent me for even more tests.

In the waiting time I was put on a drug to reduce acid reflux and suddenly my palpitations were gone. When I came off the drug again it all came back again full force. I talked about it with the cardiologist consultant and he agreed that it seemed reflux was the cause, especially since my heart was in great shape.

Now I notice that it happens when I've had too much to eat, or foods that cause extra acid in my stomach. It happens especially at night when I'm lying down and haven't been taking care of my diet. Since I know the cause, and that my heart is fine, I just don't worry about it anymore :)

kellylou89
16-05-14, 11:42
Wow, its scary what symptoms you get! .. Im just scared his gonna say somethings not right :(
I can still feel my heart pumping on an off today but no heartburn but this has only started since a i had a big dinner weds night and thurs night as was bday celebrations so ate out .. I went a week without them when drinking bottles of water no tea and eating small

HoneyLove
16-05-14, 12:04
Reflux can be weird, I very rarely get heart burn from it, but I get palpitations and other symptoms all the time. Since it all started from a big night out and a big meal, it kind of makes sense that it's probably all related to your stomach. Have you tried just taking any indigestion tablets?

kellylou89
16-05-14, 12:25
Oh really? .. i get churning aswell like a bubbling/churning in my stomach and sometimes higher up followed by an upset stomach too?
i was taking my omperprazole but it didnt stop them so i thought maybe these arent helping so i stopped and i got a hell of a lot less!, they gave me back pain last time too

HoneyLove
16-05-14, 12:44
Well do you ever try anything over the counter like gaviscon or rennie? You also need to look at your diet to see what you can do to help with the indigestion.

The stomach churning and pain is all typical of indigestion, which can be caused by stress and anxiety too, so it's important to learn to relax.

I found omeprazole very good, but you have to take it at a regular time every day and on an empty stomach. If you don't take it every day it won't work how it's supposed to. And even on omeprazole you still have to look out for your diet and stress levels.