PDA

View Full Version : escitalopram wean off

izzy46
15-05-14, 23:00
hi all!!!! :0))) I am new here. Was put on Escitalopram 2 1/2 years ago now for panic attacks. Prior to this was on Prozac for depression post natal.

I have put on 4 stone and had a years counselling (CBT) . am ready to come off and down to 5 mgs but feel soooo bad!!! Out of control....mood swings....headache.....anxious!!! Not sure if I should continue or give up and WAP them back down me???? ...anyone come off??? if so, is this normal and should I battle through??? xx

SADnomore
17-05-14, 04:30
Is your discontinuation via a schedule, or did you just do a quick drop? When I came off a med last time, the doctor had me weaning carefully from the higher to the lower dose (I think on alternate days), and then finally alternating one day off, one on on the lower dose, then like 3 days apart. It is good to be seeing your GP throughout this time so he/she can monitor to be sure you're doing okay. Yes, it will be uncomfortable, but it may be a return of symptoms for which you took the med in the first place. You and your doctor may want to provide extra support for your symptoms or re-initiate treatment or a slower schedule. I'd speak to him/her. Good luck!