PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Katniss12
16-05-14, 06:54
Hi, I'm 18 years old and have recently been suffering from a lot of health anxiety. At first I was getting pains in my left side so I thought for sure it was a heart attack and I was dying. After and EKG and blood work I was assured that an athletic 18 year old should not be worried about heart attacks. Now I have been getting pain on my left temple and jaw, dentist says wisdom teeth need to come out and I have some TMJ. The problem is I'm lightheaded all the time, ever since the heart attack thing. I also get random pulsating pain in the back of my head so now I am convinced its either a tumor or an aneurysm and that I'm going to die in my sleep. Can anyone lend some incite on this? I know I sound crazy but I also realize I am a hypochondriac and just want help.
P.S I also get ear aches, all of this on the left side, I have been told by a dentist wisdom teeth must go soon but I have my own minds diagnosis convinced.

bingjam
16-05-14, 07:49
Ive been having problems with my wisdom teeth for over a year and some of the symptoms I have with them are....

Ear problems - popping, ear infections, ringing etc

I also clench my teeth because of them without knowing which give me jaw ache, pain in my temples, heaches..

I also get dizzy as the wisdom teeth are affecting my ears
They are all common symptoms with wisdom teeth. . Horrid things

HoneyLove
16-05-14, 08:59
Hi Katniss, have you gotten any help with your health anxiety? Things like CBT can help you learn to trust what your dentist and doctor are saying. The symptoms you describe can all be caused by anxiety, because of the tension it creates in your body. Something to help you really relax would help, like learning to meditate or attending a yoga class.

Brindley
16-05-14, 15:46
Since my anxiety I have unknowingly been clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth. I think i have been doing it a long time but i have only just noticed it. It makes my jaw feel weird when i relax it as i am always habitually clenching. It gives me headaches and makes me feel tense all over my face jaw and head. I also have crackling in my ears every time i swallow or yawn.