PDA

View Full Version : Liver help please!!

Misslouread
16-05-14, 12:51
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone with a healthy liver has had blood tests and what their ranges were like,

My bilirubin level is 14 umol which is 0.8187 mg/dL which is in the normal range but I can’t help but think this is a bit high for my age?

Has anyone else seen their blood results?

Thank you
x

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Anyone? sorry really anxious xx

HoneyLove
16-05-14, 12:55
What did your doctor say to you about it?

Fishmanpa
16-05-14, 13:03
So if normal is 3-25 umol and you fall smack dab in the middle what does that tell you?

I just checked my results from the last blood work and mine fall in the normal range too coming in at 11 umol using a conversion table.

Positive thoughts

Misslouread
16-05-14, 14:55
Thank you Fishmanpa, and thank you for all your help,

it's just i thought that was a little high for a 26 year old x

nomorepanic
16-05-14, 15:20
I don't think they have ranges based on age - they are just ranges

Misslouread
16-05-14, 16:22
Ok does any one else have results i can compare these to, it really helps to know x

Fishmanpa
16-05-14, 17:40
MisslouR,

I'll just say this and then I'm out....

I'm 55 years old. I drank like a fish through my youth and partied hardy throughout my life with breaks here and there. I also had cancer and chemo which beats the hell out your your liver and kidneys. So, if my liver function is normal after the way I abused myself then that bodes pretty well for you wouldn't you think?

You're young! You haven't even consumed 1% of what I have in my life and your liver function is NORMAL!

What isn't normal is your anxiety and the way alcohol affects your body. You're going to do what you want to do regardless of what some stranger says on a forum. However, I urge you to consider abstinence concerning alcohol as it's obvious if affects your body and consequently your mental state in a very negative way.

Please look into getting help with your anxiety issues. CBT, therapy, counseling, meds or a combination. Life is much too short to spend it worrying.

That is all!

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
16-05-14, 18:12
Ok does any one else have results i can compare these to, it really helps to know x

Not sure how it can help though :shrug: