PDA

View Full Version : intrusive thoughts worse on flouxetine?

Rochelle121
16-05-14, 17:10
When does this side effect wear off? Its scary :(
Thank you.

Deepthinker
16-05-14, 18:44
Rochelle, I have been on fluox for about 8 weeks now and the intrusive thoughts started to go away around week three. When they are happening, tell yourself that they are just thoughts and you are not defined by those thoughts. They are the product of anxiety and a tired and stressed nervous system. I hope you start to feel better very soon. Hang in there! Blessings!

Rochelle121
16-05-14, 18:52
Thank you DeepThinker.
Its comforting to know that its usuall and WILL go away very scary at times though to have such a negative thought pop into my mind. I am trying to keep telling myself that I know what they are and nothing more. It does get me down though.
Rochelle.

Deepthinker
16-05-14, 19:36
I know how you feel, Rochelle. The intrusive thoughts were the worst part of anxiety. I would have thoughts pop into my head that I'd never normally think of and it does make us question our sanity; but, the very fact that we are questioning it means that we are, in fact, sane. :-) Anxiety does strange things to our bodies and minds and it can seem overwhelming, but you got better before and you WILL get better again! Blessings, Debra

Electric_Worry
16-05-14, 19:50
Not to hijack this thread, but how are you feeling at around eight weeks, Deepthinker?

Deepthinker
16-05-14, 20:23
Electricworry, I would say I am about 90 to 95 percent. If the driving anxiety would completely go away, I would consider myself cured. For me it all started with a panic attack while driving. Because I struggled with the anx/pan over driving for so long, it turned into depression. This is what caused me to seek help. The depression and daily anxiety are gone, but I am still a little nervous while driving. I am seeing a counselor to help with this and I also feel like I am improving each week on the fluox. Today, I drove several miles and had my hair done and ran errands with only a little apprehension and no panic. It really felt like a victory. Hope you are doing well. Blessings!

Electric_Worry
16-05-14, 21:06
Thank you for the reply. It's always nice to hear when other people are on the road to recovery. I hope you can go that step further and get to 100%

I believe today was my 29th tablet at 20mg and I'm a little hit and miss, feeling fine one minute and really bad the next. My panic attacks started with exercise. I was cycling, but pushing myself, and because I hadn't done much exercise in a few years prior to that, my body was having none of it. After that it took a while but I felt better, even going as far as to getting back on the bike. Then I started a new job and it all crept back up on me for reasons I don't understand. I'm hoping the medication will give me the boost I need, as although I had worked on the anxiety in the past, I completely neglected my depression.

Thanks again for the reply and apologies to Rochelle121 for hijacking the thread a little.

Rochelle121
16-05-14, 21:14
No worries Electric.
I happy to hear anything positive and encouraging myself :)

Deepthinker
16-05-14, 21:24
Electric, you are welcome and I agree that it is so encouraging to hear others speak of their recovery. I remember the "hit and miss" days. It is hard to accept a bad day or moment after you have a few good days and moments because it feels like such a setback, but it is an indication that the meds are doing what they are meant to do. Very soon your good moments will outnumber your bad ones and then your good days will outnumber your bad days and you will be feeling much better! Hang in there!