PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate

RVP
16-05-14, 22:57
Why won't my HR go down :(?
regardless if I'm lying down or sitting down it's around 70-90 BPM which is high for me, normally it's around 50-60 especially if I'm lying down.
right now I just checked it and it's 84...it's really bothering me and obviously making my BP high when it's already high and I know it's currently not under control.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

My left arm felt funny and like tingly...now my left arm is itching. What the hell is wrong with me I'm actually fed up.

StrayWookie
17-05-14, 00:43
All sounds fine to me. My resting heart rate is between 55-65 generally. When I am just sitting at the computer it can be around the 75-90 mark. If I am up walking around it will often be around the 100. When I am anxious it goes from 110-140. When I panic, like i did the other day, it reached 197. All of which is COMPLETELY NORMAL and well within a hearts beatable range. You can actually sustain a 220 beats per minute rate for a week or two without it even becoming an issue, hard to believe I know.
So whatever your normal heart rate is, when anxious feel free to add anywhere from an extra 20 to 100 beats and you are still completely safe. The other things you mention are most probably psychosomatic symptoms which your anxiety makes you think you feel. As long as you have the all clear from a doctor, you will be peachy.

RVP
17-05-14, 07:05
Should I be concerned that my heart rate isn't near what it normally is? I mean I just woke up and the first thing I done was check my heart rate and it wasn't a normal resting rate. I keep checking it randomly throughout the day whilst I'm sat down and not once has it been normal

StrayWookie
17-05-14, 07:42
well why do you think it is not normal? As soon as you start thinking about your heart rate and check it, it will elevate. Hence the more often you check it, the more anxious you will become, so the little bit of adrenaline will be released and you will have a higher heart rate due to your anxiety over having a higher heart rate. Sounds like a catch-22 situation but that is exactly what it does. I know. I have done the same thing for 17 years. It becomes habitual the constant monitoring. It is hard not to check, but as long as your doc said your heart is good and there is no risk, your ticker can beat at 300 if it feels like it.

hanshan
17-05-14, 09:16
I don't know your age or sex, but your heart rate is in a normal range, even if it's high for you.

This is really a doctor issue - if it continues and you are concerned, you should see your GP.

RVP
17-05-14, 10:08
Im soon to be 23 years old, generally quite fit, although over the last few months i haven't been very active. I'm 5'5 and around 140lbs, and i been on bp meds for about 2 years or longer.

RVP
18-05-14, 09:40
Woke up this morning, and stayed in bed for about 30 mins..and I was like oh let me check my heart rate and it was around 70-80! I want even thinking about anything or getting anxious so I don't know how it was that high

Trueman
18-05-14, 10:31
70-80 is perfectly fine. I am reassured when mine is that! Tell yourself it's normal and just keep saying it :)

ankietyjoe
18-05-14, 10:48
You are over worrying by a massive margin. Your heart rate is totally normal.

The anxiety over your heart rate combined with the constant checking of it is enough to raise it.

Mr.Jitters
18-05-14, 11:57
I was once given some wonderful advice. You might not think you're anxious about it, so it can't be anxiety. But if you check your own heart rate, you ARE anxious about it. And chronic worry can often slip by unnoticed.

StrayWookie
18-05-14, 12:05
I was once given some wonderful advice. You might not think you're anxious about it, so it can't be anxiety. But if you check your own heart rate, you ARE anxious about it. And chronic worry can often slip by unnoticed.
God I wish there was a 'like' button. This quote is awesome.