PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance please, pretty please

Stressed32
17-05-14, 02:26
So my HA has been amped up for a few weeks now. I had a lump on my neck that I swore was a node but 3 dr said muscle. I woke up this am with the classic lump in throat hard to swallow feeling from anxiety. I went to my dr just bc it's the weekend and I didn't want to be sick. Se checked my nodes again bc I asked her to and said they were perfect. My throat was a little red but before getting antibiotics I asked for a CBC. My WBC count was perfect, 7.1 w 10 being the high end of the range and 5 being low. She sent me home and said throat was from allergy or anxiety.

I felt better until the thought of what if my WBC was 71 instead of 7.1??? That would be way high and indicate major infection or luekemia. They wouldn't make a mistake like that right?? I keep telling myself that WBC is a basic in house test they do daily! They would not have let me leave w a WBC count of 7.1 if it were 71.....right??? And...I'd probably feel like crap if my WBC was 7 times higher than normal right? At least a fever....right?? Are my rational thoughts making sense?? Help please

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

41 views 0 replies....thanks guys!

swgrl09
17-05-14, 02:29
I'm sure they didn't read it wrong, but if you are that worried, why don't you just call and check?

Fishmanpa
17-05-14, 03:12
So my HA has been amped up for a few weeks now. I had a lump on my neck that I swore was a node but 3 dr said muscle. I woke up this am with the classic lump in throat hard to swallow feeling from anxiety. I went to my dr just bc it's the weekend and I didn't want to be sick. Se checked my nodes again bc I asked her to and said they were perfect. My throat was a little red but before getting antibiotics I asked for a CBC. My WBC count was perfect, 7.1 w 10 being the high end of the range and 5 being low. She sent me home and said throat was from allergy or anxiety.

I felt better until the thought of what if my WBC was 71 instead of 7.1??? That would be way high and indicate major infection or luekemia. They wouldn't make a mistake like that right?? The answer to that is? I keep telling myself that WBC is a basic in house test they do daily! They would not have let me leave w a WBC count of 7.1 if it were 71.....right??? The answer to that is? And...I'd probably feel like crap if my WBC was 7 times higher than normal right? At least a fever....right?? The answer to that is? Are my rational thoughts making sense?? The answer to that is? Help please

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

41 views 0 replies....thanks guys!

Stressed,

I think perhaps no one has responded is because all you need to do is read your post and you can reassure yourself.

I've always been one to shoot from the hip so please don't take offense but c'mon now.... read your post. If they made a mistake like that and you were really sick, all you would need to do is find Joe Pesci from "My Cousin Vinny" and you'd be set for life ;)

Positive thoughts

Stressed32
18-05-14, 15:22
I wish I could reassure myself...then I suppose I would not have HA and be feeling like I do.