PDA

View Full Version : Tired and shivery

sandie
09-12-06, 10:57
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me why I always feel soooooooo cold and shivery when I am very badly sleep-deprived? (I do feel REALLY exhausted after just 2 hours sleep last night). Its a dreadful vicious circle when you hunch up your shoulders trying to get warm fighting the shivers, - you end up being so tense.

Because I had yet another dreaful night last night, I was trembling/shivering whilst actually lying in a warm bed this morning at 8 am. I am wearing warm layers and in a warm house but I am still sitting here shivering and trembling and I can already feel tension below my neck and in my shoulders. When I try to relax it just makes the shivering more noticeable and I feel colder. If I sit with a hot water bottle or similar trying to warm my shoulders, I just end up sweating and uncomfortable. This exhaustion thing is an absolute nightmare.

Sandie

Sandie

candie
09-12-06, 11:18
Hi Sandie,
I too get the shivers especially when i'm anxious,its like my blood runs cold and it doesnt matter what you do you just cant seem to get warm.

Its all the tension and adrenaline that causes it and the only thing that does make it go away is when you relax(the story of our lives eh..?).

Try to distract yourself by doing something if you can,even something tedious like housework.I know you may not feel like it but get some music on and i'm sure youll be able to find something that wants doing.

Hope this has helped,take care,Candie xxxxx

domino
09-12-06, 16:17
.warm hugs coming your way. hpoe you manage to get a better sleep tonight. try a mug of hot milk it works for me.

yorkylover
09-12-06, 17:06
Hi Sandie ((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG FOR YOU )))))))))))))))))))))

Ellen XX

sandie
09-12-06, 18:33
Thanks everyone

Spent a lot of time online at NMP and in the chat room today talking - it really helped and I feel less lonely this evening. Did a few chores - even went shopping (albeit late and very quickly cos I didn't want to bump into anyone I knew). But the exercise did me good and its always helpful to get out of the house - particularly when you are feeling as low as I was - difficult but helpful.

Thanks once again - its good to know people help and support you - it gets you thru.

Sandie

kazzie
09-12-06, 20:54
Hi Sandie

I get cold when im tired so you are not alone!!!

luv kaz x