PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever accidentally swallowed hair dye?

scared22
17-05-14, 14:06
When rinsing hair dye off around two hours ago I swallowed a bit when it ran down my face.

I tongue feels funny and my stomach has felt a bit uncomfortable like I have heartburn or a load of acid in it. Obviously panicking I'm going to dye or have poisoned myself.
My chest feels a bit tight but I know I'm not breathing properly because I'm panicking.

Annie0904
17-05-14, 14:27
You will not have swallowed much and what was swallowed will have been diluted since you were rinsing your hair. Drink a couple of glasses of water.

Hellly
17-05-14, 15:37
I have to dye my hair every six weeks (the price I pay for wanting hair like the little mermaid) and I accidentally swallow dye when washing out all the time.

You'll be fine, your tongue might feel weird for a couple of hours but that's the worst!!!

H

Xx

scared22
17-05-14, 17:59
I have to dye my hair every six weeks (the price I pay for wanting hair like the little mermaid) and I accidentally swallow dye when washing out all the time.

You'll be fine, your tongue might feel weird for a couple of hours but that's the worst!!!

H

Xx

It sounds like we have the same hair! I just had my roots redone today, so it was bleach mixed with the colour that was used.

My tongue is back to normal but my stomach is still feeling a bit like it's burning, almost like bad indigestion and keep having waves of nausea.

Hellly
17-05-14, 18:53
I wouldn't worry. I find that when I am in a panic about something it's always my stomach that acts up :-(

scared22
18-05-14, 07:35
I think I'm going to have to see a dr this morning,

I still feel unwell my stomach feels awful, have an awful taste of chemicals in my mouth and last night my lips and tongue started tingling. I think I swallowed a lot more than I thought!

Serenity1990
18-05-14, 12:22
Get checked over if you're worried but all of those are very typical anxiety symptoms, particularly the chemical taste in mouth.

unsure_about_this
18-05-14, 21:18
I have not swallowed hair spray, but have had my hair dyed when i was in secondary school, one of my friends thought it was a good idea to spray my hair on the last day, so whilst washing it out no idea whether any of the dye went in my mouth (I wonder whether the form photo of the last day in the secondary school, has copies archive in file, probably saving it for the reunion.) I think I was multi colour hair that day

I did photography one time and some of the liquid or the stuff we used for developing the photos went in my mouth, The tutor said I will be okay this was 12 years ago, the college would probably not have offer the course if there were any danger to the students developing the photos. but the evening after college I was worried, I did not have a stomach ache, was sick, did not have any foul mouth tasting in my mouth.

If you are worried go to see the GP.