PDA

View Full Version : am I going to stop breathing???

bingjam
17-05-14, 17:42
Ive just had a horeid feeling. My hearts pounfing and felt like I couldnt breath properly went slightly dizzy...

Ive had ine bottle of cider, but its not due to that, ive been outside for about 2 hours and its quite warm...

What's wrong wirh me as im freaking out a bit. ..

Its rhe whole not being able to breath properly.. im not even sure if its a panic attack cause it really didnt feel right at all.

Im feeling quite scared and my heart is pounding

Any advise welcome :)

RoseEve
17-05-14, 17:44
There is no way you will stop breathing. You are having a panic attack

bingjam
17-05-14, 17:58
How can it just comr out of nowhere though I was absolutly fine then it happened. .

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

I also wasn't thinking like I normally do during a panix attack ... it was more scary as it just come on out of nowhwre. And even now my hearts pounding xx

AlexandriaUK
17-05-14, 19:54
Most panic attacks come from no where its the worst part of them, also you want stop breathing your body works on auto pilot and you are trying to breath manually so worse case scenario your body goes through the panic and you eventually calm down,

RoseEve
17-05-14, 21:28
I agree. Sometimes I have one and I'm like I'm not even anxious.

bingjam
18-05-14, 08:47
It didn't feel like one of my normal panic attacks though which is what made me worry abit more, I just thought I couldnt breath properly like I needed to gasp for breath? It happened a few weeks back too...

I thought I was ober the panic attacks cause at my worse I used to have them so many times a day that I stopped going out of the house and doing things I normally did.

I just dont want to get like that again..

Im going on holiday in july and hope its not going to be ruined by my stupid anxiety!

eve22
27-05-14, 19:10
I have been like this for 2 days now, i find myself taking deep breaths and making myself yawn just to try to breath properly !

Are you better now?

bingjam
27-05-14, 19:16
Hi, yes I do feel better, mine only happens once and then it doesnt happen again, its not constant x

Hope your feeling better

HalfJack
27-05-14, 19:29
It might be the alcohol, I find that happens to me when I drink. Not all the time, it's about 50/50 whether it will happen, and I've not been able to work out why. I only get those panic attacks when I drink alcohol, and I'd never had them before this year.

eve22
27-05-14, 19:30
ok, mine is every now and again, ugh glad your better!