PDA

View Full Version : Best Pregabalin dose for sleep?

SmilingAlbert
17-05-14, 17:54
hi guys,

I'm hoping to be prescribed this soon, for GAD. I could use some help with insomnia right now, though I appreciate sleep help is a spin-off effect.

So...

What is the best dose to take for this purpose? And at what time(s) in the day etc.?

Many thanks,

SA

hanshan
18-05-14, 01:16
I don't know that pregabalin is a sleeping aid as such, but if your insomnia is due to your GAD, and it helps with the GAD, then it could help. In that case, whatever dose works best for the GAD - different people respond differently, but you can go up to 600 mg a day, with 400 mg per day being a general therapeutic dose. You just have to try it out to find what works best for you.

I take mine in the evening, not for sleep, but because early morning the next day is when I am most likely to experience anxiety. However, pregabalin's half-life is fairly short, so it's generally recommended to take it two or three times a day. Good luck with it!

SarahH
19-05-14, 09:23
Take it 3 hers before you go to bed...... that was how I benefitted from it for sleep. As Hanshan says the dose will be whatever dose you are using for you GAD. But I always found the SE's kicked in 3 hers after taking my dose.

sarah

hanshan
08-06-14, 10:07
If I can add a bit more, I find mirtazapine is best for bringing about an overall good night's sleep. The other meds that I take - pregabalin, and some blood pressure meds, help stop anxious thoughts, and let my mind wander without coming back to problems. Generally, a good package.

SmilingAlbert
17-06-14, 20:35
Thanks for the comments -

Just an update here

Like Hanshan, I'm on Mirtazapine as well as Pregabalin. I've found Preg to be excellent for anxiety, and the symptoms anxiety caused, especially nausea. It has also made me much calmer, and as a result does help with sleep.

SA