PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety about daughter :-(

Worried 24/7
18-05-14, 04:48
My 4 year old daughter had blood work drawn recently to basically ease my mind because she had a nonblanching rash I was scared was meningitis or sepsis. Well the rash went away(they thought it was probably a heat rash or some other nonthreatening thing because even though she is sick she had no fever and was still acting fine. Well her results came back and they said they weren't really worried but her wbc was a tad low. They said with her being sick that is completely normal but I'm scared :-( they wanna retest in a month just to be positive but they weren't really worried at all. Should I be???

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

Also we are all sick right now, not just her

Fishmanpa
18-05-14, 05:56
If they were concerned they would have acted on it. No, you shouldn't be worried but that's probably not going to stop you from doing so :( The fact that the family has been sick explains a lot. Just follow up and I'm sure all will be fine :)

Positive thoughts

Worried 24/7
18-05-14, 15:25
Thank you. They said it was barely low and really weren't overly worried about it. But she's my little girl so it's hard to not worry

RoseEve
18-05-14, 18:13
It's impossible to not worry about our kids. I agree with Fishmanpa if it were serious they wouldn't be waiting.

Worried 24/7
18-05-14, 22:12
Thank you. I'm so tired of worrying all the time :(

Izzytheanxietyqueen
18-05-14, 22:29
Don't be too worried if the doctors are telling you it's normal those results considering she and the family were sick, take the retest in a month but till then be comforted that your daughter is a healthy child who was just a bit sick that's all nothing huge and worrying. But also don't criticise yourself for being worried it's your daughter so that's a completely normal reaction but now doctors have comforted you try to embrace that relief. Best wishes x

Worried 24/7
19-05-14, 01:37
Thanks everyone. My children are what keep me sane every day