PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic scan

Worriedwellornot
18-05-14, 09:33
Lovely Sunday morning and I'm off for a pelvic scan :( I had one last year which was clear but Drs referred me again because of my ongoing symptoms) . I am feeling ok about this one but next weekend I have a colonoscopy booked which I really feel nervous about. Wish me luck guys....I am following Fishmans advice to bite the bullet and get tested and I hope if these tests are clear I may be able to move on and over my HA!

bingjam
18-05-14, 10:07
Good luck... hope everything goes the way you want it to. .. im sure everything will be just fine

Worriedwellornot
18-05-14, 16:24
Thank you! The scan was completely clear. Just next week to get through!

Annie0904
18-05-14, 16:25
I am pleased to hear your scan result was good :)

AlexandriaUK
18-05-14, 16:33
You will find the run up to your colonoscopy and the fear it generates is so much worse than the actual procedure x

Worriedwellornot
18-05-14, 19:15
Thanks for your reply Alexandria. Yes I'm worried about the procedure but can cope with that. It's the results that is worrying me!

AlexandriaUK
18-05-14, 19:37
I am sure all will be well, at least you will get a definate answer which will put your mind at rest over this issue,are you having sedatio

Fishmanpa
18-05-14, 19:46
Thank you! The scan was completely clear. Just next week to get through!

Excellent news! One down, one to go ;)

Positive thoughts

Worriedwellornot
18-05-14, 22:03
Thank you for replying Alexandria. Sedation hasn't been mentioned so will have to wait and see!

Thanks as always Fishman!

AlexandriaUK
18-05-14, 22:16
Hi when you have colonoscopy they will offer you sedation whereas with sygmoidoscopy they normaly don't bother, both can be performed without and you will get basic results straight the way if done by doc and biopsy results usually within the week.
All depends on who carrys out the procedure.

babylegs45
19-05-14, 00:11
Ive had 3 since 2008 they are a piece of cake! Worse part is ALWAYS the prep for me and not being able to eat.

Worriedwellornot
19-05-14, 17:50
Thanks for your support guys. I'm not too worried about the actual test or the prep, just what it is going to show. I still haven't overcome the pancreatic cancer worry or bowel cancer but can cross ovarian and cervical off!