PDA

View Full Version : Is This Just Me Or....??

Petesy
18-05-14, 13:28
Hi Everyone

I was just wanting to put this out there to see how many ppl can relate or am I on my own with this one??

For the past 3 month I've been waking to a stomach discomfort lower abdomen (no pain) just this horrible, yucky feeling like I've fasted for 2 days but I've been eating regular and healthy, it confuses me because I eat all my greens, white meat, red meat at weekends, fish etc....
Yet I still wake with this nauseous discomfort in my tummy in soon as i wake up,

I've told my G.P about this and he prescribed me 0.2ml peppermint oil caps to take 3 times a day, oh and 20mg omeprazole 1 to be taken at night..

Anyone else get this when they wake or during the day..?

Thanks

Petesy

Annie0904
18-05-14, 13:34
I always feel more anxious on a morning which causes tummy discomfort.

Petesy
18-05-14, 14:09
Thanks Annie for your reply

I'm the exact same every morning, anxious soon as i wake, then this yucky feeling in my stomach and below my belly button gurgling popping noises.

Makes me feel rotten,.any idea what it is....?? Or is it the anxiety that's flaring this up??

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Just me and you then Annie...:huh:

Annie0904
18-05-14, 14:20
I am sure it is the anxiety as it sends the adrenalin straight to our stomachs as soon at the anxiety hits. Others have posted about this before so it happens to a lot of us. I think most people must be out enjoying the sun today :)

Petesy
18-05-14, 14:30
Yh well that makes sense, i've taken a peppermint oil cap to see if it'll give me a bit of relief from it.

I stay in Glasgow so right now everyone is lacking their intake of vitamin D :-P

(good auld sunny Glasgow) :-))

Annie0904
18-05-14, 14:34
I drink peppermint tea and chamomile tea. The chamomile has a calming effect.

Petesy
18-05-14, 14:44
I'll need to try that peppermint tea and chamomile tea I pass by Holland & Barrett when I'm getting the food shopping in, but I like to get in and out that's probably how I ain't got round to it.

Is the peppermint tea good for the stomach and digestive system Annie?

I've been prescribed diazepam atm because it's at it's worst but can't stay on these forever, so I'd better have a good look into the chamomile tea aswell :-)

:winks:

Annie0904
18-05-14, 14:48
You can buy the teas in the supermarket. You need to drink at least 4 cups of chamomile to have an effect. Something else that you can pick up from the chemist is Bach Rescue remedy. You can get it in a dropper bottle or spray and just spray it in your mouth.

Petesy
18-05-14, 15:14
Thanks Annie thought I'd have to go into Holland & Barrett for it, so I'll just get both when I'm shopping, i've tried that I think it was called emergency essence tasted like sherry or something my mother gave some she has suffered from anxiety for 30 years and controls hers on her own now without any meds, i asked her how did she do it and she told me that she'd had enough of it ruining her life and said to herself NO MORE!! (just like that) the first 20 years were the worst she told me, but now copes with it extremely well.

I need to take a leaf out of my mother's book :)

Thanks for the advice btw :hugs:

Hopefully we'll all get the better of it.

Petesy.

Annie0904
18-05-14, 15:20
Hopefully we'll all get the better of it.

Petesy.

I hope so :)

AlexandriaUK
18-05-14, 15:22
Erm dare I ask, your not with child are you, sounds like anxiety but are you drinking enough as dehydration can cause a feeling similar to hunger pangs, make sure you take some water to bed with you and see how you feel after a couple of nights.

Petesy
18-05-14, 15:40
Thanks Alexandria for your reply

I have a 13 year old daughter & 11 year old son, I drink 8 glasses of water a day and always take a glass to bed with me, I eat well, my G.P gave me those peppermint mint oil caps I asked what was their purpose and he seems to think the anxiety and stress is bringing on bouts of ibs

I'm 5'11 and weigh 10'4, i've seemed to stay at this weight for a while even when I've ate for Britain lol must be my metabolism :-)

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Sorry I miss read that Alexandria are you asking if i'm pregnant?

I'm a 31 year old male :D

Annie0904
18-05-14, 15:48
Sorry I miss read that Alexandria are you asking if i'm pregnant?

I'm a 31 year old male :D

:roflmao:

Petesy
18-05-14, 15:54
Just to clear the confusion i've changed my pic :D

Annie0904
18-05-14, 15:55
:)

Petesy
18-05-14, 15:58
I exercise everyday weightlifting mostly, why I must keep a good diet :)

Annie0904
18-05-14, 16:05
Exercise is one of the best ways of beating anxiety especially with a good diet :)

Petesy
18-05-14, 16:11
You're right Annie because their's no energy left for a panic attack

Was my docs advice and he's happy with the shape I'm in jus not the mental side of things unfortunately :-)

Annie0904
18-05-14, 16:12
I started going for a walk every morning, which was really physio for my foot (fractured 2 metatarsals) but helped with my anxiety.

Petesy
18-05-14, 16:22
Yeah walking helped me too, i just hate it though when we're doing something pro-active and the anxiety creeps up and knocks us back a few steps...... Makes me mad lol

Need to get myself a punch bag and write panic attack on it and punch it till I can't no more :)

Annie0904
18-05-14, 16:27
That sounds like a good idea :) Yes we just have to challenge it to do its worst on us because we can beat it :)