PDA

View Full Version : Losing the will

Shammy
18-05-14, 14:33
I need advice

I have been suffering from panic attacks for the past twelve years but the most recent two years have been hell for me.

The past few days have been the worse, the hot weather is sending my anxiety through the roof. I'm shaking, my mouth is dry and my IBS is playing up something awful which is making me feel ill and even more anxious.

I have been unable to eat much for the past week as my anxiety had killed me appetite completely and the hot weather is making me feel ill.

I am worried I will struggle to get to work tomorrow. I had two days off last week due to anxiety. The office I work is is always at least 23 degrees because all the other girls sit shivering in their cardigans when I try to put the air con on.

I am really worried I will have another attack at work (last time they called an ambulance because I couldn't even stand or talk)

I cannot have any more time off work otherwise Ill end up getting sacked but what do I do? I am so weak from lack of food I feel like I would pass out from any work.

Annie0904
18-05-14, 14:56
Anxiety is an illness and sometimes you need more time to recover. They can't sack you for being ill. If you get a doctors note with anxiety on then your employers will have a duty of care to you. (2010 Equalities act).
Try to eat little and often. I went through a stage were I would just nibble on rich tea biscuits and eat mashed bananas. Ice lollies are good in the hot weather :). I would advise seeing your doctor and discussing medication and therapy.

PanchoGoz
18-05-14, 18:09
Hi Shammy,
First thing to think about is food and sleep, always! Even f you have no appetite, you can still eat if you really try - it's like doing something without having the will to - it can stll be done. The best thing in the world for a bad appetite is shoving some food in there to stimulate all the juices. Annie's suggestion is a nice one, you can't say no to mashed bananas!
If you did happen to be sick. Leave it ten minutes and try again, slower. Claire Weekes says there's nothing better than a quiet determination to get it down (do you have any claire weekes books? sounds like you could do with one).
Fearing the panic makes it worse - a "bring it on" attitude puts you in power and makes it unlikely that an attack comes - and so what if it does, it can't hurt you. Remember that at least, you're in no danger at all, you just keep plodding through.

yearsofpanic
20-05-14, 21:30
I am in exactly the same place. scared stiff.

had panic attacks for 12 years. having one tonight. right now.

i know i wont be able to go to work tomorrow. i will be exhausted by worrying all night.