PDA

View Full Version : Feeling completely stressed and run down

sophiethestar
18-05-14, 15:56
I'm in my final year of uni (I study Primary Education). I took my numeracy QTS test last week and failed by two marks because I was too slow at answering the timed questions. My subject knowledge is good but I panicked and didn't type my answer fast enough, so I have booked to re-take them on wednesday. As well as revising, I'm only half-way through an essay which is due in on Tuesday. I feel like I don't have enough time because I'm stressed for my re-take and also tomorrow I am going to look round a school I am interested in working at - I haven't got a job yet and most people on my course have already found one. My heart has been racing for the past week, I have a constant headache, my mouth is full of ulcers and I'm only managing a couple of hours sleep each night from worrying about my future.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice? How do you cope when you've just got to get stuff done? I'm trying to work on this essay but my head is throbbing and I'm exhausted. What can I do to power through these next few days?

Annie0904
18-05-14, 16:03
Start by going to the chemist and buying some Corlan pellets for the mouth ulcers. They work really well and if you are feeling better physically, you will feel better mentally. Try to put the numeracy test out of your mind until Tuesday night. Looking round the school tomorrow shouldn't take up much of your time.
Take each day at a time and don't worry about the future, deal with the present and the future will take care of itself. Concentrate on your essay but keep taking a little break for a rest, walk, food. Bananas are good to eat when studying as they help your concentration. Chamomile tea is good to drink :hugs:

sophiethestar
18-05-14, 16:09
Thank you. I've just put the kettle on for a cup of Chamomile tea. :)

Annie0904
18-05-14, 16:13
:)

Oosh
18-05-14, 22:22
I'd start with a good sleep ! Youll feel much fresher and more productive when well rested. When you wake, grab a cuppa and use that freshness to be really productive for a solid few hours.

Nap, wake, cuppa,use the freshness. Get lots of workload done that way.

Stick some ear plugs In. Total silence. Block out all distractions.

That's what I used to do.