PDA

View Full Version : THIS DAM FEELING

airwolf451
09-12-06, 14:16
hey guys i hope everyone is having a great weekend so far,

i woke this morning as i do everyday feeling tight and tense down my left side, form my head to my waste, its like someone drew a line down the middle of me and says "ok your right side is good, but we are gonna make you left side feel crap"

its really bothering me, and im wondering if it would be cause by damage or muscle strain from being constantly over tense.
i dont get out as well , and only have my family around me as i have no friends here were i live so everyday is like groundhog day for me ande i feel like a caged dog.

just wish i could go out on my open. get so fed up with people saying why dont you go for a swim or take a trip into town , (if only it where that easy)

just want these feelings to go away and feel calm relaxed and full of strength and eager to live again.

been a hard morning though i havent had a PA in ages i still get the thoughts ,what if? and this is going to happen.

how do i make sense of all, why cant my mind listen when i tell it that there is nothing wrong?

sorry i am moaning, not normally like me.

anyways how is everyone, big hug to you all

ceecee
09-12-06, 14:27
hi i know its not easy i don,t reaaly have any advice but just wanted you to know that you are certainly not alone
hope you feel better soon
sometimes it just feels like a vicious circle doesn,t it!!!!!!!!!
take care
rach x

Lindalou64
09-12-06, 14:37
i KNOW HOW YA FEEL STEPH AND IT SUCKS .WHEN PEOPLE SAY WELL WHY DONT YA GO SO AND SO.......LIKE A FLIPPING WOULDNT IF I COULD JUST TO GET AWAY I MEAN I CAN GO OUT BUT NOT LIKE I USE TO JUMP ON THE HIGHWAY GO VISIT FAM AND FRIENDS BUT NOW I HAVE A DAMN PHOBIA OF DRIVING ON HIGHWAYS..........BUT IM NOT A DOC BUT I WOULD SAY HAVE THAT CHECKED ALLS THEY CAN SAY IS NO AND SOME DOCS JUST BLOW IT OFF I KNOW YA TOLD ME BUT THE E.R MAYBE HAVE THEM TAKE AN XRAY MAYBE YA DID PULL OR STRAINED A MUSCLE ON YA LEFT SIDE .........TAKE CARE AND HAVE YASELF A GREAT DAY................LINDA XX[8D]

airwolf451
09-12-06, 14:50
you really think a pulled or strained mucle can last that long?
and can it cause numbness and tightness for such a long time

Lynnann
09-12-06, 20:38
Hi Stephen,

So sorry you are having a bad day, have you had a check up with the doctors? Without treatment strained muscles and trapped nerves etc can last a long time.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

W.I.F.T.S.
09-12-06, 20:59
I can totally relate to everything that you're saying. I am actually really brave because i've had severe depression, panic attacks and GAD for about 4 years, but I still go out, I do volunteering and last week I passed quite an intense course. The rule is to just keep going and to not let the fear stop you from doing anything....I know that's much easier said than done.

I've hardly been out of my home town for months and months because of the fear of having a panic attack and that's really depressing in itself.

It does really annoy me that I have to be really brave to do things that most 'normal' people take for granted, such as driving on the byepass or going out of town. I do find it very frustrating that I have such an intense fear of these things. "Other people travel the world without worrying about it, infact they have a great time. So, why should I worry about going a mile into town?"

Fingers crossed, I am getting better. At the end of the day it's all about relaxation. For me the tense feeling in my head is an extension of the tension in my body. I need to proactively relax, to take exercise, to do yoga. When my body and brain are fully relaxed then I will not only be better, I will be better than ever!!! This illness has forced me to come out and go for the things that I want, to not put up with stuff that I don't want and to learn that facing my fears is one of the best things that I can do for myself.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

jill
10-12-06, 03:17
Hi stephen :D

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling, oh boy, does it make me feel sad :(

I know its dame hard for you hun, but in noooo way, you being tense all the time is going to cause you any other illness, apert from maybe inviting Mr anxiety along and giveing you more anxiety problems.

I really feel for you, I know dame well whats its like just to want these feelings to go away.

I am not a god person, but I do remember praying to god, please take these feeliing away. Ppplllleeeeaaasseeeeee.....

Stephen, hun, the mind is a very powerfull thing, the what if's, you must battle with them, challege them, every time a what if comes along, replace it with something else. A positive.

You are NOT moaning at all, please don't think this, you will be suprised just what Mr Anxiety feeds on and she will feed on this. Don't see yourself has moaning, just see yourself as askihng questions.

You tell your mind there is nothing wrong, BUT, do YOU BELIEVE IT.....[?] unless you give yourself a good answser you are happy with, Mr anxiety will always be there with her negatives. You have to find an answer you are happy with.

I do understand that nothing is that easy for you at the moment but ,are you trying doing things a litttle at a time. The smaller the better as far as I am concerned. It does work.

Did I mention to you why it may target your lett hand side [?]

Mr anxiety, remember, will target on are fears, we are all different, what are fears are, if you look on the fourms, you may see, eg, fear of heart attact, fear of going mad and alot of other things, the syptoms maybe the same, but are fears are alll different. Mr anxiety targets only are fears, she needs are fears to survive,, so she targets just that.

Sooo, how about changing your thoughts on, why your left hand side is going numb, work on it, think positibe, tell yourslef your going to be fine,. OHHHHH esayer said then done, I know, but possible, with time an parictice.

Ohhh boy, is nooo way this is eay, because Mr anxiery is akway s there sayihng all aher negativs, BUT keep going, keep tryign, Please....

You take care

LOVE JILLXXXXXX

mick
10-12-06, 15:10
hi Steve
sorry to hear your up against m8 just remember its anxiety screwing you up nothing more ( if your going thru hell then just keep going you will leave it behind in the end)
Mick

AKM
11-12-06, 19:30
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">get so fed up with people saying why dont you go for a swim or take a trip into town , (if only it where that easy)<div align="right">Originally posted by airowlf451 - 09 December 2006 : 14:16:26</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

A well-intentioned friend suggested I do some work in the community. I don't think she has quite grasped my problem. :)

Call me Alan