PDA

View Full Version : Medication vs natural healing

Bgary530
18-05-14, 18:36
Hey,
Day 7 on prozac for anxiety/panic disorder. I have experienced this flair up over the last month and while before the prozac I would have the occasional good day and see some light at the end of the tunnel even since starting the prozac I am feeling hopeless. I am thinking about quitting the drugs cold turkey and trying to face this thing head on. Would love some advice I am really torn right now.

AlexandriaUK
18-05-14, 18:44
I would imagine that you need to get your docs advice Really to help you decide, only you know what'd make you feel better, whatever you decide you will get the full support of this forum I'm sure

bimmer18
19-05-14, 05:17
Give the medication time to work into your system. When I went on medication it took two months for me to really feel like myself again.

Rollorcoastermoods
19-05-14, 18:22
For the time it takes for medication work surely there's a more natural way of dealing with this, just because its what the doctor prescribes you with them doesn't mean they help you it just means that's the way they have been trained to deal with it and the system the have to follow, it would be interesting to see who has shares in ssri's as from what I've rea over the two yet period they seem to do more harm than good and were are willing to try anything for help when were at our worst so that's there only option there is an always an alternative but they follow the rules they are given

marlowe78
20-05-14, 01:15
My opinion is from only one person who's not a doctor but I believe that we have more control over the mind than we think. There are outlets like meditation that give us greater access to the workings of the brain and the nervous system. Meds do work but you could become dependent on them for life. It could become almost impossible to get off of them. I've known several people who need meds frequently just to function and they didn't start out that way.