PDA

View Full Version : relapse again!!

Torombolo
18-05-14, 19:11
After work for 2 years as a temp employee with this factory and gave them all my effort and hard work!! the fired me for no valid reason, now I have to start all from '0' nothing, ,the anticipatory anxiety is getting the best of me, I have started to have lots of anxiety just by thinking what I am going to do? where I am going to end up working? i just don't want to go back to the panic attacks and etc....help.

Lyn89
18-05-14, 21:49
Hi Torombolo, I'm so sorry about your job. It is an awful, awful feeling. Especially when you have anxiety on top of everything, but there is hope.

First of all, in a situation like this where I was afraid of relapsing, I tried to forgive myself for how I was feeling. I know it's scary to think a major upsetting life event will cause your anxiety to spin out of control again, but who on Earth -wouldn't- feel bad after losing their job? Sometimes seeing that your reaction is the same as anyone else's would be is really helpful. It's normal to be upset. It doesn't necessarily mean that your anxiety will go awry again--you're just reacting like a normal human being.

Secondly, I'm guessing from the way you use the word relapse that you've been through this before and come out of a tough time on the other side. In my experience (I've been through a LOT of ups and downs) the second time you relapse is never as hard or as long as the first time. The third time is never as long or as hard as the second. And so on and so forth. You just have to remember the times you got through it all and use that to get through this time, even if it may seem impossible or a very long road ahead. The important thing is you DID get through it though, and this time is going to be no different. I hope I helped somewhat. Things may seem bleak now and you have every reason to be upset/worried, it's only logical, but anxiety always passes and I have faith in you to pull through this, as you seem to have done before. You'll never be back at '0' because 0 means you didn't know you could overcome something-- this time you know you can. So hang in there :)

Torombolo
18-05-14, 23:55
Thank you so much for your words it really helped me!!! Thanks lot..