PDA

View Full Version : my story

bubblygirl
09-12-06, 14:39
Hi everyone:)

Well I don't know where to start. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety. I started having problems back in May 2005. It started with little things so I just carried on as I was and pretended I didn't have a problem. Then in Novemeber 2005 I quit my full time job because I just couldn't take it anymore. I started working part time somewhere else and felt alot better for it. But by February 2006 I couldnt cope with that anymore so I had to quit. I'm 20 and still live at home with my parents so this caused alot of arguments me being unemployed, which didn't help me to feel any better. At first I was relieved to have left the job but then after a while I wished I had persevered with it, because with me motivation is a big problem. And when I have something to focus on I am more motivated. I ended up on anti-depressants and did start counselling but only went to two sessions and then stopped going. I still wouldn't admit to myself I had a problem.I then started to have a problem leaving the house. Then things improved, I came off the tablets and felt better. I then got a job living away from home I thought It might be a good way to get my independance back and I just hoped it would make all my problems go away. I was a high before I went and was really excited. I loved it there, but only lasted 4 days then quit and came home. I just couldn't cope with it. The old me would have coped but the new me just couldn't hack it. So for weeks afterwards I was very low hardly went out I was just so dissapointed with myself for failing and just kept thinking about what I was missing out on. Eventually I got over that and started looking for work nearer to home. I had an interview, got the job and was really pleased. But when I went to the induction I walked out after 5 minutes just couldn't do it and had to get out of there. I was devastated. But it was a wake up call for me and a real turning point I finally realised I couldn't fight it on my own anymore and I needed help. My doctor referred me to a psychiatrist and I am now on 20mg of citalopram daily, have been for 2 weeks. They've not really helped much so far but im hoping they will start helping soon. I don't go out very often and if I do it's a very big effort. I've lost touch with alot of my friends which is a shame.I think one of the hard things for me is having nobody to talk to who understands. My family have been there for me but they don't understand what I'm going through and they don't realise how low I feel sometimes. I discovered this site and was amazed to see I wasn't alone. So I would love to hear from anybody who has any advice or has similar problems to me would be a great comfort to hear from you Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

take care x

mooks
09-12-06, 14:45
hi ma dear

bless you...we all know how you feel .... its really only peeps that go through this that understand...dont be too hard on your family..i say to my hubby.'if i had a heart condition you'd understand' but because its our minds its a bit taboo

hope you get all the help xxx

domino
09-12-06, 15:43
Hi , just to say wellcome, you are never alone on here, anytime you are low ,just put your thoughts down on here,there is always someone here that understands.:D:D

yorkylover
09-12-06, 17:04
Hi bubblygirl welcome to no panic.theres lots of support here,and lots of friendly people to help with advise.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

Lynnann
09-12-06, 17:10
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum, you are no longer alone. You will make some great friends here and get loads of good advice and support.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

manmoor
09-12-06, 17:12
Hi Bubblygirl,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

bubba
09-12-06, 17:47
Hi my name is Claire! You must try and fight this thing don,t lay back and let it take over your life! It will get better.[:o)]

bubblygirl
10-12-06, 13:47
Hi everyone thnakyou for your thoughts and kind words it's lovely to know there are people here who understand. Look forward to hearing from you all. take care x

honeybee3939
10-12-06, 13:51
Hi Bubbly Girl

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friend on the way.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Granny Primark
10-12-06, 18:11
Hi bubblygirl,
welcome to the site.
There are a lot of members of this site that truly understand the way you are feeling.
Im sure youl make close friends on this site that will be an enormous help to you.

Take care
LYNN xx

trac67
10-12-06, 22:05
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

LickeyEndBlues
10-12-06, 23:29
Hi Bubbly,

Welcome to NMP, you will have discovered by now that there are lots of really good things in here. You will find plenty of advice, support and help in whatever format you choose.

I am on Citalopram 20mg/day also...it took about a month to really kick in for me and when it did it has made a difference. I fel much more positive about a lot of things....yes I do still have the odd bum day but i'd rather the one than loads!!

You have quite a pattern with what you say about work, however, the big plus within that is you keep getting jobs...whilst you might not see it in yourself others do. In time you will build on that.

Take care and remember you are not alone in here.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?