PDA

View Full Version : Went for a 5 min walk..

Trueman
19-05-14, 18:26
And hey ho, that was enough to set me off again. Tight chest, tight throat, and checking my pulse again. 3 hrs after the walk and I am still doing it.. 'heart attack' ringing in my head..

This distract yourself business is not easy.

Annie0904
19-05-14, 18:30
You did it though so that is a positive :) yes it has made you anxious but when you realise it hasnt harmed you it will get easier to do it again.

AlexandriaUK
19-05-14, 18:39
Tottaly agree the first week doing the five mins every day and you want look back, Its great when you get over the initial shock I promise

Trueman
19-05-14, 18:53
Thanks. There was an uphill of course - and that made me really conscious of how unfit I am. Got a little breathless, then I thought I can't breathe, then I thought Im getting heart pains, then I thought there is something wrong, then it was a final diagnosis of a heart attack… these thoughts just take over! Still getting twinges upper left chest ugh.

Thank you for the positive comments. Just got to tell myself its muscular or just anxiety. It's normal.

NotCool
19-05-14, 22:28
And hey ho, that was enough to set me off again. Tight chest, tight throat, and checking my pulse again. 3 hrs after the walk and I am still doing it.. 'heart attack' ringing in my head..

This distract yourself business is not easy.
It passes. When I first started exercising, I constantly felt the anxiety attack forming near the surface - fast HB, dizzines, worst case scenario thoughts. I took it slow, and now that I got my cardio stamina in shape a bit, I feel much better.

Just stick through it!