PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get specific muscle tension?

tuesdayschild44
19-05-14, 20:27
Does anyone else get specific muscle tension? Like mine is in my left arm, and shoulder, and neck. I mean my jaw snaps on that side, my shoulder is sore, I felt the outside muscle of that arm just relax while I was in bed last night. I didn’t even know it was tensed, weird feeling. Does anyone know what I mean? It also shakes if I push on my shoulder, and try to push anything away from myself like a wall push up? It has muscle twitches there too, but I get them everywhere else also.
I hope someone anyone else has anything similar to this, it is starting to really get to me, I keep telling myself that muscle tension and weakness is anxiety, and I am ok for a while, but dang. It just won’t go away,
This all gets worse as the day wears on, I feel fine when I first get up and leave the house, can you tense one limb that much? It actually hurts sometimes and I get a pain down that arm and in my neck.
Did I do this to myself with this anxiety that has been going since March?

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

I have been doing so good up until today with this, Can't seem to get past it, needing reassurance. I mean HELP! anybody else know what I am talking about??

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

maybe i should have posted on somewhere else?

eve22
19-05-14, 20:46
Yes, i do!! If you go back and look at all my post you will see!!!

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Mine is always in my upper back, left shoulder and my left arm!!
It scares me most of the time, my doc gave me muscle relaxers for it!!
Even though its not really pain, its more of pressure, numbness and just plain uncomfortable!!!
My left arm always feel funny or like its burning!!!
Its anxiety symptoms but it still bother you!!!!

tuesdayschild44
19-05-14, 22:13
Thank you, I just needed to hear that someone else has the same symptoms so it must be from anxiety. I catch myself with my shoulders shrugged and arm held at my side, it bothers me so much some days.
I guess we're on constant alert or something. How long have you been doing it? I keep a journal and this has been going on since the beginning of April, I just want some peace from all this you know?

Leov718
20-05-14, 13:47
Yea I deal with some of theese issues plus shooting pains and even sometime cramping . I think it's anxiety because after going to a neuro and cardiac doctors looks like there is nothing left but fight the anxiety

swgrl09
20-05-14, 13:53
Yes, muscle tension and spasms have been with me a while now and that is something that happens to me.

Dee123
12-06-14, 20:43
Yes i also get muscle tension in left arm plus the burning too and ive been told its anxiety plus acid reflux .

GingerFish
12-06-14, 22:51
Yip I have constant muscle tension in my upper back due to posture and also anxiety because when I panic, I tend to tense those muscles up. I was given valium for the pain but I found that the numbing creams such as Bio Freeze work a lot better. The pain is always in my upper back and sometimes spreads around to my rib area.

blueangel
13-06-14, 09:51
Yep - I get tension spots on my back, usually on the right hand side. They eventually form into knots which can be felt quite clearly, and they're painful to the touch.

tuesdayschild44
13-06-14, 19:44
I originally posted this weeks ago, but here I am going through the same thing again questioning if it really is anxiety. But I keep telling myself that yesterday's Dr visit triggered it again, my anxiety medicine was working I felt normal no fears or panic. One step forward two steps back. I hate this.