PDA

View Full Version : Someone help, weird balloon feeling behind chest

Jennaxox
19-05-14, 19:00
Hi, can anyone help me for the past week or so I've been getting like a weird feeling in my chest/throat area, only way I can describe it is it feels like a balloon full of air is there, it goes after a while but sometimes it makes me feel sick, my mum said it's trapped wind or it could be acid because a few times when I've had it I had the 'sick burps' too, isit just wind or acid or should I be worried its starting to bother me a little so thought I'd post on here to try and get any advice I can really? I do suffer with health anexity aswell I don't know if that could be todo with it, thanks in advance xxx

Trueman
19-05-14, 19:03
Hi Jennaxox, I have suffered from that feeling too and have a history of acid reflux. I think that sensation comes hand in hand with anxiety and reflux. Try some deflatine, anti trapped wind tablets if you feel better after you have burped. Or alternatively, try some indigestion tablets if it is reflux. The sensation feels like your chest and throat is tight and a burp often makes me feel a lot better for 5 mins!

Oh it makes me feel nausea some days too.. perfectly normal.

Freaked
19-05-14, 19:47
I get that feeling; for me I think it's a combo of things. I start getting heartburn or indigestion or feeling tight in the chest, and pretty soon it's both. Then I end up with a tight chest AND indigestion and I worry about a heart attack. Then I get other feelings like weakness and get more scared. But I've seen ohter people get like this under times of stress too. Horrible feeling. Sometimes I start getting that lump in throat feeling and since I know that's usually anxiety it can almost reassure me. Anxiety likes to hang out in the chest and throat :-/

Jennaxox
19-05-14, 21:33
I'm just worried as I've had it everyday on & off for atleast a week now & my dad suffers with simular problem he had a camera down his throat when he was younger and he's got bad stomach linging I'm just sick of waking up feeling like it really starting to worry me xx