PDA

View Full Version : Help for OCD/Obsessive Thoughts

zx123
19-05-14, 19:08
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum,
I wonder if anybody could give me some advice?
My problem is that I keep getting obsessive thoughts and ocd behaviour.

It all started when I was doing a college course last year but it got
worse after I finished the course. I think it might be because I have more
time on my hands. I have also been quite worried about some things in the last year and and I think this might have something to do with it.

Everytime I go out I have to check everything and make sure that everything is perfect. Sometimes it can take me a long time to switch off a light switch because I hve to keep checking it and when I go out I keep checking the door to make sure it is shut properly. I also sometimes have to go back to my flat from quite a long distance to check if I think that I might have forgotten to do something.

Over the last few years I have also developed an obsesion with my teeth.

For many years I neglected my teeth but suddenly about a year ago I beganto worry about the condition of them. For a while my teeth obsession went away but recently it has come back again.
Last week after I had been going to the dentist for a root canal treatment the finished the treatment and put a crown on one of my teeth. Since then I have become obsessed with it and I keep feeling my tooth with my tongue and worrying about it. I have started eatng on the other side of my mouth and I even made an appointment to see the dentist again, which I cancelled after obsessing about it all weekend. The obsession is not as bad at the moment but I am thinking that it might come back.

Can somedy give me any advice on how to deal with this?

Ikaeoph
21-05-14, 00:39
Try to distract yourself with spontaneous activities :)